This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - Top pair, several questions. (4-handed)

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB = ($6.30)
      BB (Hero) = ($10.00)
      CO = ($10.00) (2 hand sample size, irrelevant)
      BU = ($10.61)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T :spade: , 9 :spade: .
      CO posts deadblind, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.30, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) 7 :diamond: , 9 :heart: , 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.64.

Turn: ($3.3) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.3) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $5.30.

Here, there's basically a question on every street where I wonder if I played right. On the flop, should I have called the re-raise? On the turn, should I have bet? Ditto on the river. I'm sure I messed this hand up somewhere, but I'm sure I can learn a lot from this one. This was another short-handed one, as I like to start tables, play them shorthanded, and profit from the fish.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

The problem is that there aren't that many draws and being OOP we might just put ourselves into difficult spots on turn & river by Calling down his bets and making a mistake while better 9x are even possible and of course as well 7x. Therefore I might even just Bet/Fold it without any good reason to continue. But as you decided to Call then should be fine.

Best regards.