This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - Value betting with strong draw into turn straight

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 = ($9.77)
      CO = ($13.50)
      BU (Hero) = ($10.58)
      SB = ($10.00)
      BB = ($15.26) (57/0 after 135 hands)
      UTG2 = ($7.32)
      MP1 = ($8.64)
      MP2 = ($8.11)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8 :club: , K :club: .
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 9 :club: , 7 :spade: , T :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.25) 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.25) K :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.75.

This one is a value betting question. Based on stats, I am clearly up against a fish. I feel this was quite a small pot, and I could have taken more from him. How best do I deal against those small, 40% pot bets? Should I have re-raised earlier? Did I re-raise too high on the river against his blocking bet?

While I clearly won this hand, I actually think this one's the most important of the lot I've sent today, so hopefully I can learn a lot from this one.

Oh, and sorry for spamming the board. I know 10 per day is a maximum, not a recommendation :P
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

By the way about the posting amount, I'd even say WELL DONE! Good work with the posting and keep up the great work and I can say 99% for sure that if you continue like that you will improve with no time. Will be waiting for new hands from you.

About the hand:
      Basically with the FD+OESD you can easily raise right on flop. But as played pretty standard spot to raise the turn for value and likely as well river. While he is a fish you shouldn't really be scared of much, if he really has the 8x or whatsoever he is paying us big.

Best regards.