$10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $12.15
      SB:
      $10.61
      BB:
      $11.05

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      CO raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.85) J, 9, 6 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.85) 7 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($4.25) 6 (2 players)
      CO bets $2.50, Hero raises to $10.10, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.75.

Vilain is a TAG 25/21/AF 2.8/WTS 21/won at SD 36/321 hands he double barrels a lot and I decided to take a stab at the pot on river ,now as I look at the replay I don't know if this was such a good idea ,because what I represent there is not so believable.What do you think ??
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I like 3bet pre. With KQs I'd deffo call, but w/ QJs I don't think I'd feel totally comfortable getting 3 barreled on Q or J high board. Plus we avoid getting squeezed light from Blinds and make some image - that's sometimes underrated as usually TAG`s see that even on micro limits. Calling is not wrong tho, but we can't just call and hope to hit Flop, that's a thing to keep in mind.

As played don't raise River, just call. He can't call your raise with worse and you beat pretty much everything else he has. By raising we could periodically fold out KJ/AJ, but given the fact all the draws missed it's even more likely he will snapcall w/ these hands. This is the spot I was talking about - we get 3 barreled, but is that really great with our TPGK?

Good luck!