This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH TT CU

• alexgrapid
      alexgrapid
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $10.15
      BU:
      $11.02
      SB:
      $12.12
      BB:
      $10.14

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 8, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU raises to $2.30, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.55) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.32(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.55.

Villain is 15/12/call open 5/AF 4.5/WTS 7/128 hands. Is my call on flop really bad ?? Looking now at the hand he is screaming that he has a set ,also his shove on turn looks like a desperate move to take value from an ACE.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello alexgrapid,

While he really is that aggressive then he may do that kind of raise with a lot of pairs/draws type of hands and I'd even prefer to 3bet it on flop rather than Call and face exactly such a spot on turn while he easily could take the A as scare card and even ship it as he did. But usually it's the safest to fold, although I wouldn't be even surprised to see that he is bluffing there or at least semi-bluffing. If he really had the Ax or whatsoever why is he shoving or trips?

Best regards.