micro SNG rake

• bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I was thinking of playing some sngs at party (I play cash there). I know that rake is huge, but was wandering how huge really.

Actually if someone can tell me how many party points I get for, say, 10 1$ tournaments, it would be ideal.

*edit* also for the 3$ sngs :) *edit*

• 12 replies
    • rhezz
      rhezz
      Bronze
      The rake is huge. It's 20% of the buy-in for the $1 and $3 sngs. I think that on the $6 you pay 15% and on the $10 and more, 10%.

They are really good in hidding the rake as they show you only the total tournament fee and rake together (not $1+.10 like most sites do).

If you play 10 $1 sngs you'll rake $2 and that's 4 party points. 10 $3 sngs = $6, 12 partypoints.

The micro sngs are very soft but the huge rake makes it very difficult to move to the upper stakes. Hope this helps, mate!
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Yup, other rooms are MUCH cheaper for micro SnGs.

And rhezz, it's not 20% for the $1 SnG. It's $1 total, 0.80+0.20. That is 25% fee, which is ridiculous. For a turbo tournament (that is really fast).

If you go other rooms, you might pay at most 10% for the same speed, and 20% for a slower one.

The $3, if I'm not mistaken, are 2.5+0.50. Now that's 20%.

Then yeah, $5+1 is 20%, and the 10+1 is down (finally) to 10%.

So if you want to play sit and goes and start to build your BR that way, stay away from PP.

And about the PartyPoints, on some other rooms you would get them anyway (the correspondent points, of course), plus rakeback.
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      It's actually $2.4 + $0.60, so still 25%.
      I cleared my 50 starting capital with a $50 profit playing $3 SNGs on Party, so it's possible.
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, this helps a lot. I got bored with cash games, so will give sngs a try for a while. If I see they are not profitable for me, I'll go back to cash.
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      well i play those 10 players 1 dollar buy-ins there. i got to 90 dollars by now from the starting 50. but now my progress stopped. i loose 5 dollars, i win 5. i win 5 - i loose 5 and so on. and i always have the same 90 dollars at the end of the day. those party turbo's are very luck based cause blinds goes up so fast. one time there was 8 players still left and noone had more than 8 BB left. i usually get to top 5 with no problem, but after that it's push or fold.
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      So I played a first set of 4 6max 1$ sngs, 3 second places, one third place AA busted.

They seem soft enough, though many coinflips. A good place to perfect your push/fold ranges, however.

I am rolled for 3$ sngs, so probably after ~100-200 1$ tourneys I'll start playing those. And standard speed, ofc.
    • MFUkebber
      MFUkebber
      Bronze
      So what is the best way to build up a meager BR on party poker?
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Playing the type of poker you enjoy the most. SNGs are working for me, at least so far, but choose what you like, not what someone tells you.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      that's true, you have to play what best suites you. I've joined Party 2 days ago and have tried both 3$ SNGs and NL10 9-max tables. They are both soft, but if you are trying to clear the bonus, SNGs are better solution:
      - NL10 9-max tables - playing 2 tables at once, you will make app. 1 PP/hour
      - 3$ SNG (speed) - playing 2 SNGs at once, you can play 4 SNGs/hour, which gives you 4.8 PP

And if i'm not wrong, there are no standard 3$ SNGs, just "speed" (5 min) and "turbo" (3 min).
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      The SnGs at PP are very beatable. The regs that play at the micros are just terrible.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I believe there was a news announcement that $6 DoN(and maybe others) were down from 5+1 to 5.5+0.5?
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Aha, but they got filled with regs in a few days. You had to play at certain hours to find soft tables. Did the situation change?