sit n go 400 sample...bad player?or run bad?

• 12 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Going by your EV line (which is all you've given) I'd say bad run with some bad play. But if you are questioning your ability up your training on the ICM. For a better chance of people helping you, post some stats. Plus, add some of the more questionable big pots you've played to the hand evaluation forums (if you haven't already), even if you played the hand a month or two ago it's always helpful to get another persons perspective.

EV can only tell us about your AI EV and says nothing of the times you've played to the river and gone to SD or folded. So it's not really a great measure of whether you are running good or bad.

Hope that helps some.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Probably bad run. Keep in mind that 1000 SNG's breakeven/losing period can happen. But you should still keep learning the game to reinforce your confidence.

And you could also play less tables a period to "feel" the game more, but this is rather optional and should be done when you're in danger of tilting/losing confidence.
    • gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Going by your EV line (which is all you've given) I'd say bad run with some bad play. But if you are questioning your ability up your training on the ICM. For a better chance of people helping you, post some stats. Plus, add some of the more questionable big pots you've played to the hand evaluation forums (if you haven't already), even if you played the hand a month or two ago it's always helpful to get another persons perspective.

EV can only tell us about your AI EV and says nothing of the times you've played to the river and gone to SD or folded. So it's not really a great measure of whether you are running good or bad.

Hope that helps some.

What other stats do you want to post?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Positional stats, 3-bet stats - VPIP - PFR and so on.

I'm a cash game player myself, so not the best to give advice, however if you were to take a screenshot of your stats, and post this graph in the SnG discussion I'm sure you would get a lot more helpful feedback than you will here.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      cant tell you anything after 400 games. even after 1000 games its still not going to be a good indication. keep working on your game and posting hands is the best advice i can give. your study to play ratio should be 60:40 at least
    • gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      cant tell you anything after 400 games. even after 1000 games its still not going to be a good indication. keep working on your game and posting hands is the best advice i can give. your study to play ratio should be 60:40 at least

Watching videos,work with wizard,work icm,posting hands anything else?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I always spend at the very least 30 minutes reviewing my hand after each session, anything 10bb+ obviously as a sit n go player you may want to set different blind limits but this helps immensely. Put it in a replayer and pause it at every street and think what you could of done differently.
      And don't just look at the losing hands, always review the winning ones too, looks for lines that work over and over again. Look at the hands where you only managed to win 15bb when you and your opponent were 100bb deep and see if you could have possibly played it in a better way to extract more value, and if you think you can try it next time something similar occurs.

Best I can offer, hope it helps :)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Sorry to hijack ur thread but is there anyway in HEM to filter out so u only see the hands u busted out a sng with?
    • gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      i dont think so...but if you found it please post it here...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      Sorry to hijack ur thread but is there anyway in HEM to filter out so u only see the hands u busted out a sng with?

It's pretty irrelevant. The correct shoving/calling all in ranges depend on the blind levels, opponent (your reads on him, his chips left etc), chips in pot, players in the hand, players left to act, pay-out structure and people left, your chips.. I'm sure there's more to add to that..

What i'm trying to say is that in sng's especially there's a lot of things to consider whether something is the right play or not.. I find preflop hand strength to be one of the most irrelevant (or easiest) personally.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by Heffron89

It's pretty irrelevant. The correct shoving/calling all in ranges depend on the blind levels, opponent (your reads on him, his chips left etc), chips in pot, players in the hand, players left to act, pay-out structure and people left, your chips.. I'm sure there's more to add to that..

What i'm trying to say is that in sng's especially there's a lot of things to consider whether something is the right play or not.. I find preflop hand strength to be one of the most irrelevant (or easiest) personally.
      Ye i know , all those u mention are in the hh.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gekitsios
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee

Watching videos,work with wizard,work icm,posting hands anything else?
      that should be enough to get you playing good solid +EV sng poker.