This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA on QQ board

• swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      I know i should c-bet 100% of the time here but i was just sure he had the queen for some reason. I had been running pretty horribly and just didn't want to inflate the pot with my hand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.02
      SB:
      $4.39
      BB (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $1.64
      CO:
      $9.39

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, SB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.2) 6, Q, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.2) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

River: ($2.2) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55.

Final Pot: $3.3.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens(A A).
      SB shows three of a kind, queens(Q 8).

SB wins with three of a kind, queens(Q 8).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello swanny36,

That's exactly the problem when you loosing too much. That you might get tilted and start tightening up and which could as well make loosing a lot value in long run. Rather if you really feel like you loosing too much or not playing your A-Game then just leave the tables and come back in few hours or so.

About the hand:
      Preflop: Basically I'd even raise bigger like $0,70 while we are OOP and so many limpers.
      Flop: Pretty standard spot to CBet.
      Turn: Don't really understand why you betting that small, rather do it like $1.
      River: Not many worse will Call you anyways and likely safer to Call.

Best regards.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      yeah think i was actually very tilted at the time looking back. Funny how tilt can show in different ways. I end up playing super tight and check calling far too much.

Thanks for your help.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by swanny36
      yeah think i was actually very tilted at the time looking back. Funny how tilt can show in different ways. I end up playing super tight and check calling far too much.

Thanks for your help.
      That will disappear with time and practice and of course being active on forums. :)