NL50 easier than NL5?

• graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Due to pokerstratagies great instruction and my excellent play :D I have moved up. It seems to be ALOT easier to play at the higher level. I dont know if its because the grinders at the micro stakes are grasping for dear bankroll life or im just on an upswing. Any body else feel the same way?
  • 30 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      just wait for your downswing :D generally, at lower levels are worse players. You want bad players to be at your table...
      Seriously though, play like 10K hands and then you will see if thats actually easier (most likely not, but your style of playing might be more suitable for NL50, who knows)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by graz187
      Due to pokerstratagies great instruction and my excellent play :D I have moved up. It seems to be ALOT easier to play at the higher level. I dont know if its because the grinders at the micro stakes are grasping for dear bankroll life or im just on an upswing. Any body else feel the same way?
      maybe your type of game is working against those players beter, upswing, or this is true.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      try NL1K people are even worse
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Got to say, just no. I was running at 15bb/100 at NL5, and i'm having to work a lot to be a winning player at NL50. There's a massive difference in skill between them.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Thats why Ivey plays NL100k and not NL10 dude
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      NL50 is a lot tougher than NL5 but there may be some truth to what OP is saying. I find NL5 much easier at PokerStars and FullTilt than at euro sites as the players at FT/Stars are a little better. You want a few really bad players at the table and not everyone to be super bad or every hand becomes a multiway nightmare.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      NL50 is a lot tougher than NL5 but there may be some truth to what OP is saying. I find NL5 much easier at PokerStars and FullTilt than at euro sites as the players at FT/Stars are a little better. You want a few really bad players at the table and not everyone to be super bad or every hand becomes a multiway nightmare.
      It just means that you are bad in multiway pots. (me too btw)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      It just means that you are bad in multiway pots. (me too btw)
      Fold AA once board pairs.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Just raise huge pre so you dont play a multiway pot.. i think if you raise it like 10x you wont play a 5 way pot.
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Just raise huge pre so you dont play a multiway pot.. i think if you raise it like 10x you wont play a 5 way pot.
      my standard preflop raise at nl5 is all in :D
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by weller123
      where do you get multiway pots? on PartyPoker NL4 is full of regs.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Lol :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      NEVER play live if you don't want multi way pots. you can raise 50bb preflop and you will get like 4+ callers
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      where do you get multiway pots? on PartyPoker NL4 is full of regs.
      William Hill, Ladbrookes, etc. Just due to principles i'm not gonna open raise 10x pre flop. It just feels so donkish and force me to steal with bigger bets too.

Toby i play live regularly and multiway pots are fairly common depending on pre flop, but where the heck do you play that 50bb raise results in multiway pot?
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      LOL @ all.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      NEVER play live if you don't want multi way pots. you can raise 50bb preflop and you will get like 4+ callers
      +1

someone raises like 20bb next guy has like 77/88/99 tanks and is like "wtf?!?" "i cant fold this hand, call" then next guy has 45s and goes "can't fold too much value now" then bb comes along with 93o coz he has 'odds'
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      LOL @ all.
      +1. LOL big
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Did you play this live games on this boat?
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      +1

someone raises like 20bb next guy has like 77/88/99 tanks and is like "wtf?!?" "i cant fold this hand, call" then next guy has 45s and goes "can't fold too much value now" then bb comes along with 93o coz he has 'odds'
      lol so true, I find quite tough to play at times cos it's so different to what i'm used to