how far can you go with SSS

• 11 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      you are gold Watto! very good. I noticed you got better! :D You can't play on Nl1000, i think, since there aren't a lot of FR tables at that point. But even the most experienced bss players complain about shortstacked players, since they don't really make them any money. There is a good way to fight sss players (see articles), but it's never good to play them, since they are so tight, and don't make plays that are really -EV. I would say at some point, players should probably switch, since the tables get emptier, and for the experienced player bss is often more profitable per hour. I think there are fishes everywhere, so in theory, NL1000 should be well possible, but I wonder whether it's realistic to do it for a living (which is basically what NL1000 is about anyway).

I hope i answered your question.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      It is playable on any limit, with some adjustments of course. There are less tables of course, but for that reason we have a lot of pokerroms around)
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      from what limit on do those adjustments become necessary?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Alaton is playing NL5000
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      peterbee is also playing nl5k and somebody from the 2+2 forum also played it at nl60k
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      peterbee is also playing nl5k and somebody from the 2+2 forum also played it at nl60k
      WOW thats really impressive.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Floating
      starting from NL 200. but you can start practicing on NL 100) simple things like stealing, squeezing, using stats, floating;) , etc.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      i was obviously wrong :D :D :D
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      Originally posted by Floating
      starting from NL 200. but you can start practicing on NL 100) simple things like stealing, squeezing, using stats, floating;) , etc.
      ah... could start that at lower limits already.

except for floating of course... platinum status needed for that :rolleyes:
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      i was obviously wrong :D :D :D
      Yes! :D

The short stack strategy is playable on every limit. Of course you have to make certain adjustments, but it works fine.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      I am improving but I do not see myself a s a true "gold player" in the sense. The tuition is paying off really well. I am well on my way to NL 50 playing SSS. I just want to get the bronze stuff down pat then maybe pick up a table or two to increase my win rate and move onto silv

I want to take SSS to a limit (maybe NL 100 or NL 200) and get my BR to the conservative levels I have set and then start all over again with BSS.