hasenbraten
      Bronze
      CO ($9.30)
      Hero ($10.46)
      SB ($3.59)
      BB ($7.67)
      UTG ($2.24)
      MP ($10.63)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q:heart: , T:diamond: .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.4, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.90) 4:diamond: , 6:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB Bets 0.10$, Hero raises 0.30$, SB raises 0.50$, Hero calls.

Turn: ($1.90) T:spade: (2 players)

SB Bets 1$, Hero folds.

MMh somewhat my converter always messes with those handhistorys, ill fix that.

Here my thoughts: Not folding the Flop is good here, we get 1:10 for a call and have some ways to win the hand. Obv. there is the possibilty of raising, which hero choose here. you might get a fold by a better hand - sometimes weak pairs or just Khi/Ahi hands. unfortunately this raise should be a little bigger - he is getting sick odds and i dont think you will get him to believe anything there. raising like .7 -ish sounds good to me.
      if he comes over the top then, its an easy fold.

given we raised small, we could still fold the flop, but we do get great odds so calling is not that big of a mistake, if at all.
      turn gets interesting. we make top 2 pair and he leads for ~half pot.
      heros fold is fine here, imo. i think you just donthave the best of it often enough since he showed lots of strength postflop and no hand thats too reasonable can show that much strength that we have beat. we also shoved lots of strength, way more then we can stand so folding here is good, even since we improved
      (those kind of folds are actually the reason for me to prefer raising bigger/folding on the flop)

mfg lutz
  • 6 replies