[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQ - can i broke here?

• Jim4rdo

This hand sucked >_>

Opponents stats were 48/21/4.

I can't really see any way of calling... Against someone who has been so passive to the river, then re-raising on that flush board, surely I'm beaten here?

Tried working it out on equilator... If I give him a range: QQ, KJs+o, QTs+o, aq, ATs (I think he could play all of those hands with those stats) i get about 29% equity.

Apparently for the odds to call I only need 27% equity. So was that a bad fold? Normally I would probably call it, but I'm trying to really improve my game, so it's calls like this which screw me over!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) A, T, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BU calls $0.16, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.57) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

River: ($1.17) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU raises to $1.40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.87.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Basically against stations you can as well even bet bigger the flop & turn. But as played the river it's pretty marginal. We have to ask ourselves what hands do we beat? Might likely be only like QT because if he really had a hand like AT/A6/A3 I guess he would be inclined to raise it on turn or either flop.

Therefore the Call on river is really close, I guess most likely if I would even do the Call is mostly it's for a note not that I really plan to win most of the time the hand. But as you decided to fold it, shouldn't be wrong either.

Best regards.