This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 JJ OOP vs nit

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 Pot Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $6.38
      MP: $25.97
      CO: $10.82
      BTN: $29.20
      SB: $17.37
      Hero (BB): $39.52

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J:club: J:heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.85, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) Q:spade: 8:diamond: J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero requests TIME, Hero bets $1.44, MP raises to $5.20, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to $17.40, MP raises to $25.12 all in, Hero calls $7.72

I chose to call preflop because he was having pretty nittysh stats and also because it looked easy to play against him because looking at his stats he was only firing a second barrel 25% of the time.

Also I think he would definitely expect me to 3bet JJ preflop because I was playing quite aggressively vs the fish at that table.

On the flop I choose to bet/3bet because I think this way I'm representing something like a combo draw/ nut flush draw and also I expect him to raise his strong hands on the flop.

I favor this to a c/r because this way I have the option to get it in, I misrepresent the strength of my hand and because I think it's going to take a stronger hand for him to bet/3bet AI on the flop.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 17/10 you can 3-bet but if you feel his range becomes then too strong you can also just call pf and play postflop
      Like your play: he would raise often with overpairs and also call the shove+ he can always have there 88 or QJ