[NL2-NL10] KK shorstacked missplayed hand or???

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey, everyone! Well I need help from you guys. I need you comments about the hand. Well this is the hand:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.04
      BB:
      $3.00
      UTG2:
      $1.43
      MP1:
      $0.83
      MP2:
      $1.88
      MP3:
      $5.06
      CO (Hero):
      $0.62
      BU:
      $0.91

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.11, MP2 calls $0.11.

Flop: ($0.54) T, 4, 3 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.54) 8 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.15, UTG2 calls $0.15, MP2 folds.

River: ($0.84) 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $1.44.
      Results follow:

UTG2 shows a straight, queen high(Q J).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).

UTG2 wins with a straight, queen high(Q J).

So this is my thought proces: I saw a raise and a call in front of me. The original raiser was a solid one but without understanding odds and shortstack strategy(I say that because of a prevoius hands). The caller was really a passive player. As you can see I got King Kong and i thought how if I call there is a big possiblety that someone alse will also call but on the other site I dont want them scare away so I decided that this amount was good to stay in the hand. I didnt doubt for a second that they were asking them self like : " Why is this tight guy with 35BB 3betting such an amount. I got what I wanted I got 2 callers. The flop came very "save" with just a flush draw that could be potential because neither of this guys play hands like 56. So they checked to me I thought well if I check I could on the turn induce a bluff so I checked. The river came an 8 and they again checked to me and I decided to fire a prob bet just one 1/4 of the pot because I put this guys on AQ the original raiser and a pocket pair the passive one. So just original raiser calls and the 9 made it perfect for him. But was my call on the river allright, was I really pot committed and what do you think of the play. I would really like to see your comments
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Basically you making too small raise. I'd do it a lot bigger ~$0,30. Those opponents are anyways too loose to Call and we rather don't want to give them perfect odds to Call. So mainly my raise is like 4x UTG raise +1 limp -> 0,30.
      Flop: Don't really understand why you aren't CBetting here. :( CBet for value and as well for protection, never-ever Check behind here. Your hand is very vulnerable.

As played
      Turn: Betting too weak here, ~$0,45 would be mine.
      River: Not much to do, even raising is kinda marginal while you did play that far so passively.

But overall, it seems that you still have a lot of leaks, I really do advice you posting more hands to fix them.

Best regards.