This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 99 Vbet river?

• BAMLara
      BAMLara
      Silver
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $4.32
      BB: $4.00
      UTG: $17.51
      UTG+1: $7.28
      MP: $10.46
      MP+1: $10.20
      Hero (LP): $3.49
      CO: $3.33
      BTN: $4.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:club: 9:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 3:spade: 6:club: A:club:
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.75, 2 players) A:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.75, 2 players) 3:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Value bet river?
  • 7 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey BAMLara,

Why do you raise flop donkbet? One should fold there without a decent hand which second pair isn't.

As played, I prefer the check behind on the river. V-betting is too thin in my opinion.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • BAMLara
      BAMLara
      Silver
      Hi Burek2000,

Sorry i didn't include any additional information or stat on my post (i'm new to posting hands in the forum).

The villan is a callingstation he was calling raises preflop with any two connected, any two suited I didn't wanted to fold to mid pair or a draw. Taking this in to consideration do you think I shouldn't raise that dbet?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BAMLara
      Hi Burek2000,

Sorry i didn't include any additional information or stat on my post (i'm new to posting hands in the forum).

The villan is a callingstation he was calling raises preflop with any two connected, any two suited I didn't wanted to fold to mid pair or a draw. Taking this in to consideration do you think I shouldn't raise that dbet?
      Welcome to the hand evaluation forum! :f_grin:

Do you have any info on how much does he donkbet? Any idea what his donking range might be?

You must know if he is a true calling station then any sign of aggression is a sign of a strong hand and donkbetting is aggressive act, so I would just fold the hand there because I would expect him to usually donk Ax and FD type of hands and your equity against such a range is very poor with 99.
    • BAMLara
      BAMLara
      Silver
      He donks the flop 22%, but to be honest at that moment i didn't look for this stat to make my decision. It's that high or low? i don't even have a clue ?(

Regards,

BAM
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Considering he hits the flop 33% of the time, I think 22% is low. He probably donks top pair and his better hands.
      As played I would definately check behind river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Considering he hits the flop 33% of the time, I think 22% is low. He probably donks top pair and his better hands.
      As played I would definately check behind river.
      I think that is ab it of wrong assumption as you can't connect those too with each other. You can better look at this AF, AFq, c/R, raise cbet, WTSD, WWSF , VPIP, PFR and also look at how much % other players are donking

Safely to say 22% is abit high but once again we need other stats & sample sizes to get a good player profiling here

If you think you can get to showdown for $0.9 then by all means raise the Flop then otherwise you are better off folding Flop

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hmm, I'll research more on the meaning of this stat :-?