UTG+1: $7.28
      MP: $10.46
      MP+1: $10.20
      Hero (LP): $3.49
      CO: $3.33
      BTN: $4.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:club: 9:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 3:spade: 6:club: A:club:
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.75, 2 players) A:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.75, 2 players) 3:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Value bet river?
  • 7 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey BAMLara,

Why do you raise flop donkbet? One should fold there without a decent hand which second pair isn't.

As played, I prefer the check behind on the river. V-betting is too thin in my opinion.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • BAMLara
      BAMLara
      Bronze
      Hi Burek2000,

Sorry i didn't include any additional information or stat on my post (i'm new to posting hands in the forum).

The villan is a callingstation he was calling raises preflop with any two connected, any two suited I didn't wanted to fold to mid pair or a draw. Taking this in to consideration do you think I shouldn't raise that dbet?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BAMLara
      Hi Burek2000,

Sorry i didn't include any additional information or stat on my post (i'm new to posting hands in the forum).

The villan is a callingstation he was calling raises preflop with any two connected, any two suited I didn't wanted to fold to mid pair or a draw. Taking this in to consideration do you think I shouldn't raise that dbet?
      Welcome to the hand evaluation forum! :f_grin:

Do you have any info on how much does he donkbet? Any idea what his donking range might be?

You must know if he is a true calling station then any sign of aggression is a sign of a strong hand and donkbetting is aggressive act, so I would just fold the hand there because I would expect him to usually donk Ax and FD type of hands and your equity against such a range is very poor with 99.
    • BAMLara
      BAMLara
      Bronze
      He donks the flop 22%, but to be honest at that moment i didn't look for this stat to make my decision. It's that high or low? i don't even have a clue ?(

Regards,

BAM
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Considering he hits the flop 33% of the time, I think 22% is low. He probably donks top pair and his better hands.
      As played I would definately check behind river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Considering he hits the flop 33% of the time, I think 22% is low. He probably donks top pair and his better hands.
      As played I would definately check behind river.
      I think that is ab it of wrong assumption as you can't connect those too with each other. You can better look at this AF, AFq, c/R, raise cbet, WTSD, WWSF , VPIP, PFR and also look at how much % other players are donking

Safely to say 22% is abit high but once again we need other stats & sample sizes to get a good player profiling here

If you think you can get to showdown for $0.9 then by all means raise the Flop then otherwise you are better off folding Flop

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hmm, I'll research more on the meaning of this stat :-?