This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hand Quiz 1

• 5 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      It really depends on your read of BTN whether you should call or fold imo.

If BTN is passive, it's a super easy call. Heads up it's a no brainer call, but if BTN is short or midstacking then it's a fold as I expect him to squeeze here pretty much always.
    • 8412king
      8412king
      Black
      Few players call/squeeze on the button with a shortstack/midstack from my experience. They rather raise directly. It is a good move though if he is a thinking player, has a very good hand and knows someone in the blinds will 3-bet very often.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8412king
      Few players call/squeeze on the button with a shortstack/midstack from my experience. They rather raise directly. It is a good move though if he is a thinking player, has a very good hand and knows someone in the blinds will 3-bet very often.
      I have a whole different experience of this situation.

Let's say blinds are:

CO: 100
      BTN: 30
      BB : 100

CO raises to 3, BTN calls, BB raises to 9.

Here if CO calls the 9, it's a clear shove for BTN with any 4 random cards that aren't paired knowing BB will isoshove.

The pot ends up being 73 (70 after rake) which requires 39% equity from BTN for the last 27 chips.

The games i'm in , there are enough players who understand that it's better to shove any 4 cards here than to fold them because having the pot heads up with 70 chips is better than a 3 way pot for 90 chips.
    • 8412king
      8412king
      Black
      It make sense as long as CO has a hand he can't cold call with. But still it doesn't say anything about stacksizes in the question.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      When I was in the office 6 months ago this came up, and whilst it was debated that certain articles needed updating, the general premise of the articles were still okay. Remember these were beginner articles. :)