Hand Quiz 1

• 5 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      It really depends on your read of BTN whether you should call or fold imo.

If BTN is passive, it's a super easy call. Heads up it's a no brainer call, but if BTN is short or midstacking then it's a fold as I expect him to squeeze here pretty much always.
    • 8412king
      8412king
      Black
      Few players call/squeeze on the button with a shortstack/midstack from my experience. They rather raise directly. It is a good move though if he is a thinking player, has a very good hand and knows someone in the blinds will 3-bet very often.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8412king
      Few players call/squeeze on the button with a shortstack/midstack from my experience. They rather raise directly. It is a good move though if he is a thinking player, has a very good hand and knows someone in the blinds will 3-bet very often.
      I have a whole different experience of this situation.

Let's say blinds are:

CO: 100
      BTN: 30
      BB : 100

CO raises to 3, BTN calls, BB raises to 9.

Here if CO calls the 9, it's a clear shove for BTN with any 4 random cards that aren't paired knowing BB will isoshove.

The pot ends up being 73 (70 after rake) which requires 39% equity from BTN for the last 27 chips.

The games i'm in , there are enough players who understand that it's better to shove any 4 cards here than to fold them because having the pot heads up with 70 chips is better than a 3 way pot for 90 chips.
    • 8412king
      8412king
      Black
      It make sense as long as CO has a hand he can't cold call with. But still it doesn't say anything about stacksizes in the question.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      When I was in the office 6 months ago this came up, and whilst it was debated that certain articles needed updating, the general premise of the articles were still okay. Remember these were beginner articles. :)