[NL2-NL10] Kq Nl5

• lukezo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.4) 6, T, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

River: ($2.5) K (2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero raises to $3.87(All-In), SB calls $1.45.

Final Pot: $10.07.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(Q K).
      SB shows three of a kind, kings(K K).

SB wins with three of a kind, kings(K K).

Unknown opponent, he bet fast on both flop and turn. I'm confused how to play a hand like this in/out of position. I'm calling the flop because he is Cbeting much, hoping he will check turn-but even there-some better players trap turn. I think I should play simpler at this limits and forget discovering bluffs?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello lukezo,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Turn: You said he CBets much, from what does come such a read? But basically, sometimes we can even say that those snap-bets mean weakness but according to his bet sizes I don't think that this is ever like a bluff. Therefore I guess I would rather prefer to fold it on turn.

As played
      River: As you can even see that he is still betting near pot, I guess even shoving doesn't make that much sense, what worse hand do you expect him to have here, which bets this way. Likely only QT/AA. I guess I'd just Call it more often than shove, while he could easily have a draw as well which now completed.

Best regards.