Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $8.42
      SB:
      $10.04
      BB:
      $2.07

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      Hero raises to $0.16, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.48) K, T, J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.36, BB folds, Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.2) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

River: ($3.2) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.20, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.2.

solid opponent, 20/15/3,9 3Bet%

Should I have played pot control turn although I have FD? Maybe raise flop donk? But I think he's pretty strong there.
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Your line is fine. You have not only FD, but have the best hand often, so you want to value bet. I don't like raising it on the Flop as if he's playing back you pretty much behind so I'd say calling Flop is better option.
      And folding River is ok`ish, we can't call a pot sized bet here.

Good luck!
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Isn´t it slightly better to check behind the turn ? So many better hands possible that beat us and we could even get more value out of them on the river if we do hit our SD or FD ... ? Especially if we´d hit the FD that he is not likely to put us on ??
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Checking back Turn is an option, but he can have a hand like AT/AJ/QJ that still has some bit of equity against us and he may check/call with that as he's afraid of getting raised if he bets himself, so getting value from that seems good idea.
      Plus, we can easily check back River if we need and still value bet if he checks.
      I think if he had strong hand he would have bet himself as board is pretty drawy and if he was wanted to get value on Flop he would still want it on Turn, so I don't think we get check/raised a lot here, but even if we do - we can often call with our odds as we have a bunch of outs.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Ok, thank you :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      But hm, when I think about this more, if he had AT/AJ as you said, and is somewhat solid as the hero describes him, he can often just fold this Middle/Bottom pair + GS.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      But hm, when I think about this more, if he had AT/AJ as you said, and is somewhat solid as the hero describes him, he can often just fold this Middle/Bottom pair + GS.
      Basically while being that deep and he doesn't really Check/Raise that often then Betting the turn is totally fine which I would even prefer more. And I do still expect them to Call with hands like AT/AJ with the pair+GS. Those players are just too loose on those limits. :D