Hup Holland Hup! and Hi to the world..

• Bytie
      Bytie
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Discovered Strategy.com and as I view myself as an eternal student, in Poker and elsewhere, it seemed a great idea to look for thoughts and mindframes besides my own.
      The minute I would think my knowledge is sufficient, my growing and learning would stop instantly and as my results are not yet as impressive as i would lke them to be. I would not be surprised if i could learn a lot inhere.

And maybe add my 2 cents too from time to tme.

Nice to be here and greetz to ya all :p

Favourite thought _

Mike Caro said something like... Making the right decisions is important, the result does not matter!!
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Bytie,

Welcome to our community!

Personally I think its very true what you described. As soon as we think we know enough and we don't need to learn more to be successful the growing process stops. Even with out us noticing it.

All you need to do now, is open your eyes and start discussing and learning here :)

Please always throw in your 2 cents :f_biggrin: is the way to go!

Looking forward to follow you on the forum
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah I agree, making the decisions is so much more important than winning, but in the end if you make the right decisions you will eventually win.

Therefore.... Making the right decisions =

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by IngridN

Personally I think its very true what you described. As soon as we think we know enough and we don't need to learn more to be successful the growing process stops. Even with out us noticing it.

Yeah I think this is a very important thing to consider too. Once you get into a routine and you're just grinding and not learning anything externally then maybe your development will stop. For example if you go from watching 2 videos a week, reading 2 articles and posting constantly on the forum in strategy posts, to just sitting in your bed playing infront of your laptop its going to be very hard to keep learning and if anything you will forget alot of what you have learned previously.

I think this is important in life too, making sure you don't get over confident and always knowing what you want and having a plan of how to get there is so so important and being arrogant and just thinking ah its ok it will come to me even if I don't work hard is never going to be successful.

Really looking forward to following your progress now!

Please keep us updated,
      Patrick.