VPP after folding UTG

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      You fold a hand on UTG. You leave the table (because you are BB up next). Lets say that the players behind played the hand postflop and generated rake. Do I get VPP? If not I should consider staying till the end of the turn.
  • 11 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      isnt it from the money you contribute to the pot?

hopefully someone with the info can let us know
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      You do not get the VPP.

You must stay until the completion of the hand to be awarded VPPs for it.

I recommend using the "sit out next big blind" checkbox and only once you are sitting out should you leave the table (to ensure you are awarded the VPP(s)).
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo

Na thats the 'contributed' method rather than 'dealt' which is what stars use.

As far as the original question goes Ive kinda been wondering that too but im fairly sure the vpps would count even if you leave.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      You do not get the VPP.

I recommend using the "sit out next big blind" checkbox and only once you are sitting out should you leave the table (to ensure you are awarded the VPP(s)).
      :f_eek:
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jan217
      Originally posted by gxtwo

Na thats the 'contributed' method rather than 'dealt' which is what stars use.

As far as the original question goes Ive kinda been wondering that too but im fairly sure the vpps would count even if you leave.
      This is incorrect.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Thanks Roy, damn I missed so many VPPs, been doing this kind for like months :(
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      You do not get the VPP.

This is wrong. I've asked Stars support about it before. As long as you are dealt into the hand you receive any VPP's that would of been awarded had you stayed.

I'd be willing to send another email their way if anyone needs more proof.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I've sent a mail to support in case the policy has changed since then as it would of been at least a year ago I asked the first time.

I'll post the email here.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      You do not get the VPP.

This is wrong. I've asked Stars support about it before. As long as you are dealt into the hand you receive any VPP's that would of been awarded had you stayed.

I'd be willing to send another email their way if anyone needs more proof.
      I'm 99.99% sure that they gave you wrong information. For the last 5 years their rule has been that you must stay until the end of the hand to receive the VPPs for that hand.

It's not so much a "rule" as it is the way the software is designed.

Anyway, your e-mail should clear things up.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for contacting us and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Please note that VPPs will not be awarded if you leave before the hand is completed in ring games.

VIP Player Points (VPPs) are awarded to players based on the amount of rake collected in PokerStars' real money ring games and tournaments. Fractional VPPs are awarded to the hundredth decimal place. Play money games and freeroll tournaments do not award VPPs.

blah blah blah**

** 20 paragraphs on how VPP's are earned.

My apologies Roy, you were correct and I was very wrong it seems they don't count as you stated.
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      Thanks Roy, damn I missed so many VPPs, been doing this kind for like months :(
      haha!

wishful thinking. This kinda brought idea to my signature. Let me do it now.. :)