[NL20-NL50] NL50FR RUSH TT on flop

• IDidIt4TheLuLz
      IDidIt4TheLuLz
      Bronze
      While playing I called the flop, but I think it actually is a fold. It's hard to understand what's his range on the flop, but i think it could consist of some flushdraws and overpairs. For example vs JJ-TT,AhQh,KhQh,AhJh,7h6h,6h5h we only have 27% equity (we need like 35% to call).

But actually he showed up with KK here. And lately I've seen this play several times from different villains - flat calling 3bets IP with AA or KK and then shoving over cbets. Have you encountered this? Do you by default take AA and KK into unknown villains range when he flat calls a 3bet pre flop?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $51.00
      UTG1:
      $50.25
      UTG2:
      $79.95
      MP1:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $55.80
      CO:
      $78.65
      BU:
      $54.55
      SB:
      $20.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      5 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, CO calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.25) 9, 5, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50, CO raises to $73.15(All-In), Hero calls $38.00.

Turn: ($129.9) 4 (2 players)

River: ($129.9) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $129.9.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of tens(Th Td).
      CO shows a pair of kings(Ks Kd).

CO wins with a pair of kings(Ks Kd).
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Some players would slowplay KK/AA pf, since if they 4-bet you may easily fold TT/JJ and maybe also AK, if they have really small 4-bet, so they would rather play ip and keep in your wider 3-bet range
      Don´t see why they are shoving, since raising to 16$ and induce shove from overpairs is imo effective than overbet shove that board, but likely they are scared that some kind of draw might complete.

So if you have read they are slowplaying pf, you can consider folding, but problem is that they would also likely shove their draws and usually draws are more likely than overpairs, that´s why I like usually b/f if I have overpair on drawy board.

Since why would I want to 3-bet TT if I don´t want to get all-in that board postflop. I don´t hit my set most of the times and also there aren´t any overcard
      You face enough flops where are J, Q, K on board and player might also shove on drawy board. There you can make more safer fold, since if you´re against tp hand then your equity really sucks

Do you by default take AA and KK into unknown villains range when he flat calls a 3bet pre flop?
      - usually no, sine I expect players still to get all-in these hands most of the times pf
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      also if you are agaisnt a FD and 2 over card that is 15 outs and you are behind with TT. so I'd bet fold as well.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Am I so far off here? I thought we're like 45/55 vs two suited overcards, I think we would have to go broke against those with the money invested.

That said I think bet/folding is best here. Usefull comment about AA/KK because I do think we're gonna see a lot of those in this spot. I usualy cbet smaller in 3bet pots btw, like slightly over halfpot.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Am I so far off here? I thought we're like 45/55 vs two suited overcards, I think we would have to go broke against those with the money invested.

those are I think your best case scenario, after a complete bluff.you got 9% against an over pair