This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Few big shots or several small shots?

    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.10.2010 Posts: 1,077
      So here's my dilemma,

      To win few big shots or To win several small shots

      To win several small shots

      Last March, all I did was focus on $1.40 90 man Knockout on Stars. Without the use of HUD, I play up to 20 tables at a time in which I also mix some micro scheduled tournaments.

      And I could constantly profit $20 to $60 in a day, sometimes going up to $90.

      But the problem is, with lesser traffic in PokerStars, the $1.40 90 man knockout takes around 20 minutes before it starts as compared to less than 10 minutes before.

      To win few big shots

      With the use of HUD now, I can only play up to 14 tables at a time, more than that, my PC lags.

      I now focus on $4.40 180 man, $2.20 90 man, micro scheduled tourneys, and $11 scheduled tourneys.

      The thing is, ending the day with a loss became a bit frequent, probably because the field had become much harder, or i'm just running a bit bad, or there are leaks in my game.

      But in times that I win, I win bigger. And thus giving me bit more profits.

      I don't mix my games with $1.40 90 man knockout because there's a bit difference in the way they should be played so I don't want to be confused.

      By taking bigger shots, I know eventually I would win more juicier cashes but it sometimes hurt me to end the day with a loss.

      .
      .
      .
      If you have the option, what would you choose?
      • Less risky, steady daily profits of $20 to $60
      • More risk, no daily profit guarantees, but possible $500 to $2,000 cashes and even more
  • 2 replies
    • b20ana
      b20ana
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.10.2010 Posts: 23
      I play 70% of my poker time 180 man sngs 2.2 turbo or 4.4 and the rest of 30% is in scheduled mtts.
      Mtt saturday and sunday because of the big trafic.
      I try to play both sng and mtt beacause i don't have the BR to play only mtts.
      Sometimes during a day i mix them but usually i don't.
      For example today at work i play sng's and when i get home i will focus on scheduled.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.10.2010 Posts: 1,077
      Originally posted by b20ana
      I play 70% of my poker time 180 man sngs 2.2 turbo or 4.4 and the rest of 30% is in scheduled mtts.
      Mtt saturday and sunday because of the big trafic.
      I try to play both sng and mtt beacause i don't have the BR to play only mtts.
      Sometimes during a day i mix them but usually i don't.
      For example today at work i play sng's and when i get home i will focus on scheduled.
      you didn't answer my dilemma. hahaha ^_^