Few big shots or several small shots?

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      So here's my dilemma,

To win few big shots or To win several small shots

To win several small shots

Last March, all I did was focus on $1.40 90 man Knockout on Stars. Without the use of HUD, I play up to 20 tables at a time in which I also mix some micro scheduled tournaments.

And I could constantly profit $20 to $60 in a day, sometimes going up to $90.

But the problem is, with lesser traffic in PokerStars, the $1.40 90 man knockout takes around 20 minutes before it starts as compared to less than 10 minutes before.

To win few big shots

With the use of HUD now, I can only play up to 14 tables at a time, more than that, my PC lags.

I now focus on $4.40 180 man, $2.20 90 man, micro scheduled tourneys, and $11 scheduled tourneys.

The thing is, ending the day with a loss became a bit frequent, probably because the field had become much harder, or i'm just running a bit bad, or there are leaks in my game.

But in times that I win, I win bigger. And thus giving me bit more profits.

I don't mix my games with $1.40 90 man knockout because there's a bit difference in the way they should be played so I don't want to be confused.

By taking bigger shots, I know eventually I would win more juicier cashes but it sometimes hurt me to end the day with a loss.

If you have the option, what would you choose?
      • Less risky, steady daily profits of $20 to $60
      • More risk, no daily profit guarantees, but possible $500 to $2,000 cashes and even more
  • 2 replies
    • b20ana
      b20ana
      Bronze
      I play 70% of my poker time 180 man sngs 2.2 turbo or 4.4 and the rest of 30% is in scheduled mtts.
      Mtt saturday and sunday because of the big trafic.
      I try to play both sng and mtt beacause i don't have the BR to play only mtts.
      Sometimes during a day i mix them but usually i don't.
      For example today at work i play sng's and when i get home i will focus on scheduled.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by b20ana
      I play 70% of my poker time 180 man sngs 2.2 turbo or 4.4 and the rest of 30% is in scheduled mtts.
      Mtt saturday and sunday because of the big trafic.
      I try to play both sng and mtt beacause i don't have the BR to play only mtts.
      Sometimes during a day i mix them but usually i don't.
      For example today at work i play sng's and when i get home i will focus on scheduled.
      you didn't answer my dilemma. hahaha ^_^