This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 10 KJ steal and resteal

• xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      Well my plan was to 3bet resteal then he flatted but then I clearly forgot I was in a 3bet pot and got carried away, when he minraised my c-bet I should have put him on an overpair. I got very spewy but my thinking was oh I have top pair and was trying to push him off his hand, he did tank for ages then called last sec but I probs should have c-bet/folded.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $10.32
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.40
      SB (Hero):
      $10.30
      BB:
      $9.85
      MP1:
      $4.43
      MP2:
      $9.35

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, BU calls $0.55.

Flop: ($1.7) 3, J, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BU raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $4.55, BU calls $2.55.

Turn: ($10.8) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.95, BU calls $4.95.

River: ($20.7) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.7.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sixes(Kc Js).
      BU shows two pairs, queens and sixes(Qh Qs).

BU wins with two pairs, queens and sixes(Qh Qs).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xJCzZ,

Preflop: The 3bet vs BU range should be totally fine while he will have pretty wide stealing range unless there are other proofs.
      Postflop: But I don't really like getting in here unless I really expect him to bluff here or semi-bluff or something similar. Rather Bet/Fold it while he could easily be trapping us even with some overpair or maybe even badly played sets or better Jx.

Best regards.