Sejners SNG blog - Just getting warmed up!

• Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      I have been playing poker for way too long to only be where I am now, and that is big amounts of bad luck! Just kidding about the bad luck, it’s of cause the poker rooms that are rigged because they is getting greedy and want more money!

Nah, kidding aside I’m of cause the one to blame for not being focused enough, and by creating a blog I’ll try to make myself committed to do the goals I set myself.

Another reason to create a blog is of cause to brag about how awesome I am at playing poker.

I am trying many different things to help me improve my game, for example I meditate at least once a day, getting to the gym with 2 – 3 days a part, eating healthy food, and of cause lots of studying by watching videos, reading articles, and going through my games with SNGWizz.

Or that is what I should
      be doing, and probably lots of other stuff as well, so that’s what I am going to do.

I’ll set myself goals monthly and yearly, just so I have a clear picture of what my deadline is.

The reason I thought I would like to write a blog is because of that scumbag lessthanthree, I read his blog and just disliked him more and more as the blog progressed, he’s a big joke!

Okay I admit it, lessthanthree seems cool enough, and I’m just so damn jealous of what he has accomplished, he has done what I want to do, so better late than never, my time to shine!

I started a long time ago with the 50$ and they have went up and down since they first arrived in my account, and ended on 350$ at the end of April.

I am currently playing the 6.50$ Turbo SNG on Pokerstars, and I have no clue what ROI%/$EV I should expect on these limits.

To be honest I don’t really have a clue to what goals is realistic, and I don’t want to shoot to high and loose motivation because I didn’t complete my monthly goals, and I don’t want the goals to be too easy so I don’t push myself to do the best of my abilities.

But I have one goal for the year so far, and that’s to get a bankroll of 20.000$ and I said that January 1 that this year I’ll make at least 20.000$ so I’m sticking to it.

For those who cares about SNG stuff, I play 8 tables at a time (Only because my computer can’t handle anymore) I play them stacked with NinjaTable, and as tracker I use Hold’em Manager.

I will start tracking my progress from May 1.

I have some questions to you if you’re reading all this.

:diamond: Number of buy-ins to jump to the next stake?

:diamond: What goals should I have in monthly and yearly?

:diamond: At last, but not least do you think lessthanthree is being pay by the poker sites to seem like a genuine person to lure unknown people into playing poker and lose all their money? :f_biggrin:
  • 9 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sejnar
      I have some questions to you if you’re reading all this.

1 :diamond: Number of buy-ins to jump to the next stake?

2 :diamond: What goals should I have in monthly and yearly?

3 :diamond: At last, but not least do you think lessthanthree is being pay by the poker sites to seem like a genuine person to lure unknown people into playing poker and lose all their money? :f_biggrin:
      1 = I do 100 buy-in before I move up the higher I get the more buy-ins I want to have because variance increases on higher lvls.

2 = think about goals like amount of games each month - how much do I want to study, do I want to post hands etc... Yearly I like a 4 part buy-in goal so in 3 months I want to be on $22 or something and than up it every 3 months or so.

3 = definetly!
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by variancekiller

1 = I do 100 buy-in before I move up the higher I get the more buy-ins I want to have because variance increases on higher lvls.

2 = think about goals like amount of games each month - how much do I want to study, do I want to post hands etc... Yearly I like a 4 part buy-in goal so in 3 months I want to be on $22 or something and than up it every 3 months or so.

3 = definetly!
      I'm also thinking about 100 buy-ins rule, because of turbo swings.

I'll look into maybe setting some 3 months goals as well, so far as for monthly goals I'm thinking: Tourneys played, reviewing in SNGwizz, viewing 3 videos, getting gold status on pokerstars, and was thinking about getting up to playing 15+1 turbo, but if I'm going to play by 100 BRM rule I have to make around 1k$ and I don't know if I can manage that in a month on this stake.

But thanks for the input.
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Had a fun session before writing this, 1 1th 0 2th 1 3th 5 4th 1 5th :f_biggrin:

For so long it seemed it was going to be a good session, and it didn't end totally horrible.

I figured out some monthly goals and I'll add some more as I figure out how to improve my game, and mindset more.

I'll add a graph soon, I just need a downswing before posting it, it's way to awesome to be real! :f_cool:

May Goals

• 1000 Tournaments played
      • Before starting to play poker in the morning, practice some “quiz” in SNGWizz
      • Acquire gold status on PokerStars
      • Aspire to continue to be awesome
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      I don't like poker anymore.. I lost money today..

Well, to look on the bright side I saw that lessthanthree lost too. :s_biggrin:
      And compared to him my loss is nothing so I’m not really mad or nothing.

Funny fact before I'll show my graph, my auto correct, wants to correct lessthanthree to elephantiasis, which mean big/huge/elephant-like. :f_love:

Here is my graph for the 4 first days of May.

I'll add stats and more info when we hit the 15th or something.

I think it looks pretty enough, but let’s see what the rest of May have in store for me.
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      I'm working on putting together a computer that can handle the demanding task of poker.. :f_confused:

I must honestly say I didn't think it could require that much to play poker, but with so many HUD's, tables, and Tableninja to work them all, it’s requiring quite a bit, so at the moment I’m only able to play 8-10 tables.

But I'm not really good at figure out what I should buy, even though I'm an old gamer, Counter-Strike 1.6 never needed me to upgrade my computer, so I just used the same old computer for 5 years. :f_love:

I’m playing on PokerStars with the biggest size tables, and then stacked, using Holdem manager for HUD’s and Tableninja.

So if someone knows something about what a computer needs to handle my setup I'll much appreciate it the help.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      defently add a SSD = Solid State Drive.

You need windows 7 for it to work proparly.

If you install windows, HEM, poker client, postgress and tableninja on it it will be the fastest ever. Just make sure all your random stuff is located on your HDD.

Go for processor speed and GB ram more than you go for graphic cards since you don't need that for poker. And on a last note make sure you have multiple DVI connections wich are not applied to your motherboard (since it drains speed) but to your graphic card instead.

Hope I helped a bit!
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Thank you very much, I much appreciate it. :f_grin:
      I didn't know that with SSD or that about the motherboard.

Of cause I figured out as well that I have no reason to have buy the newest graphic card, but I can't figure out what type of processor is the best, and I just assume that the DDR3 is the best ram without really know anything about it.

On a other note, I went out drinking Tuesday and I can't remember most of it, I have been told I was chased by a girl because I say she looked like she was 30.. Apparently she was 17.. And I stopped a bus by going in front of it because he didn't want me in it. :s_mad:

So I didn't play at all Friday because of the worst hangover this year. :f_frown:

So today is the first day I saw the new structures and buy-in levels.
      I jumped to the 10$ because my bankroll allow it, but I'm not sure about what I think about the new blinds, I think it’s too fast, but I have only played a few so I'll continue for a while just to see if its just because its new to me.
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      The first day of 10$ didn't go as I wanted it too.

Was 8 BI below EV, but the volume was good, and after a day of too many bad beats I thought I would relax the rest of the evening and took a shot at a 2.75$ MTT with 10k$ Guaranteed and 5000 players.

9 hours later I ended 2th with a value of 1414$ :s_love:

Yesterday and today was nice on the 10$ and swapped out the 8 BI below EV with a 5 BI above EV total.

Still working on putting together a damn computer, and I’m not rushing into buying something I'll regret later, so if anyone else can help me with what I should buy I would love it, and variancekiller I read a bit more about the SSD and I agree that its a must have in my computer.
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Low blow!! Low blow!!

Not even a congratulations, not anything..

I'll try to ignore the pain you have caused me. :f_cry:

The 10$ is just.. well let me put it this way, when a supernova-regular calls two all-ins preflop in the first hand of the SNG with JJ, and actually have the best hand.. Good Game.

So the 10$'s future for me is looking bright. :f_cool: