5/5 NL game

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      There is a cardroom offering a 5/5 NL game in my city, saying there will be loads of money to be won, but thats kinda crazy a 5/5 dont you think? What startegty do you use if the blinds are the exact same? Obviously alot of steals will be going on I imagine

I am probably going to pass on it just wondering what are your thoughts on this game?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You didn't give us any information about the drop. There is probably a BBJ drop and they might even drop with no flop. In that case there's almost no profit in stealing the blinds.

Double blinds are there to generate action and it usually works. :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      The game doesn't play too differently actually. From my experience playing 5/5 games they get relatively deep but this of course depends on the other players in the game.

Most fish in live games complete their SB or defend alot wider than optimally meaning that the game doesn't play too dis-similar to a $2.50/$5.00 game.

I'd suggest to just play it like a normal game, don't think too much about the blinds being different as it will affect your play when really you should just be thinking about getting a value hand and getting as much value as possible.

Which city is the game in? Any idea if straddles are common in the game?
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies. Im going to decide to sit this one out til I get a bit more experience but they run usually twice a month so there will be other chances

@tokyoaces, whats a drop? lol thanks

pleno, the game is in Toronto, and I am not sure about straddles, i would think not considering the game tracks alot of newbs and university students( so I am told) but I wouldnt know
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      haha a straddle should be 1bb then :D :D :D