Ideal Vpip/Pfr/Af ?

• pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Hello players,

I finally got a poker software. Can you review those stats?

Vpip/Pfr/Af - all tournaments or SnG

Full ring - 19.7/10.8/1.75
      6 - max - 28/17.5/1.94
      Heads Up- 50/35.6/2.26

I dont know the ideal stats so if you could write them down it would be useful as well.
      + if you know any other stats which helop you to adjust your game, write them down :)
  • 8 replies
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      For FR you got between VPIP and PFR is too large, you don't want to ever open limp, optimal stats are hard to give, but probably something like 15/13 up to 19/17 depending on many factors. Your AF is also a little low probably wants to be 2.5-3.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      thanks a lot, im a slight winning player, though I want to improve, thats why I got the poker software. I dont like limping that much, still I do it mainly with low pocket pair in the early position + i call slight raises with QJs or lower suited connectors to see flop from buttom, cutoff.... I guess I need to be a little more agressive and less call preflop.
    • skiffcz
      skiffcz
      Bronze
      I will share one rule, which is great to convince your brain to stop whispering that "hmm, but you might call it". You know, this kind of knowledge you have, you know its true, but still for some reason find hard to follow it. Hopefully this will make it easier, for me it worked:

Dont choose between call/raise based on strength of your hand. Instead, choose between fold/raise based on whether you want or do not want to play the hand.

So thinking about 33 in terms of "well, lets limp to see the flop, I dont care that more people will limp behind me, because I play hit set/fold anyways" is flawed. Your thought process should be more along this line - "do I have plan for various alternatives when I play this hand? Will I feel comfortable to execute the plan? Or can this bring me to a difficult spot which I would rather like to avoid?". If you want to play the hand, why not to just raise it. If you dont, then you better just fold it.

Now it looks like this:

1, What is the action so far, my opponents and my position.
      2, Does it make sense to play this hand in light of 1, ? If no, fold, if yes, go to 3,
      3, Do I know how to play this hand? Do I trust my abilities that I can play it profitably? In other words, do I really want to play it? If no, fold, if yes, raise.

Obviously, call is still ok in various situations (namely in late pos when there was a lot of action before and you have a hand you dont want to fold, but in that case you have position and good hand, so sacrificing initiative is not such a big deal etc)

I hope it makes sense (and I hope Im not miles off here - I am beginner, too,most probably even fishier than OP :D ). To be honest, Im kind of putting it here to a test, to see if I understand it well.

Btw, another such wisdom, which helped me a lot would be - blinds do not belong to anyone. Its money in the middle like any other, and those, as you know, are no longer yours. So blind defense is nothing more than blind stealing from SB and BB position. Its just cheaper, thats all.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      6-max - You're limping too much again, in 6-max you should basically, never ever open limp... Ever! Got it? lol

28 vpip is ok if you can play that loose and show a profit... I can't. My stats are 24\20 but used be tighter before I got some coaching. Your pfr should be about 80% of your vpip as a general rule.

If you post your full positional stats you will get some better advice I'm sure but with what you've shown you're basically limping too much.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wurble
      6-max - You're limping too much again, in 6-max you should basically, never ever open limp... Ever! Got it? lol

28 vpip is ok if you can play that loose and show a profit... I can't. My stats are 24\20 but used be tighter before I got some coaching. Your pfr should be about 80% of your vpip as a general rule.

If you post your full positional stats you will get some better advice I'm sure but with what you've shown you're basically limping too much.
      Well difference between VPIP and PFR doesnt make only limping right? I actually think that i dont limp as much (in 6-max almost never, really). I probably just call a raise too often instead of re-raising it or folding it??

In 6-Max I actually turn a higher profit than in full ring...maybe because i play those only in 1-3dollar buy ins and the fields are just really fishy...
      Thanks for help all, appreciate it
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Looks decent to me.. But you want to keep your vpip and pfr closer as mentioned. Following a certain vipip/pfr etc is flawed thinking. Poker is all about adjusting so if your always playing the same hands the same way your not maximising your profit. Unless ofcourse your a 24 table sick grinder then you can't have much reads anyway.

I'm quite alot more agressive headsup because that's more my style in general. However especially headsup poker is all about adjusting to your opponent. So my play can range from somewhat passive/trapping style to maniac agressive depending on what i think works best to exploit my opponent.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Looks decent to me.. But you want to keep your vpip and pfr closer as mentioned. Following a certain vipip/pfr etc is flawed thinking. Poker is all about adjusting so if your always playing the same hands the same way your not maximising your profit. Unless ofcourse your a 24 table sick grinder then you can't have much reads anyway.

I'm quite alot more agressive headsup because that's more my style in general. However especially headsup poker is all about adjusting to your opponent. So my play can range from somewhat passive/trapping style to maniac agressive depending on what i think works best to exploit my opponent.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

HU is def different, im adjusting to my opponenent as well... If I play HU, I play max 2 tables
      If full ring + 6-max, im usually 6-tabling, depends on how fast i get eliminated from the tourneys :D if i have only couple tourneys left, i register to some SnG's as well. Havent set up completely my HUD yet, but it looks terrible at my 1366x768 screen... Too bad, I have this laptop for only this long, would have to live with that or edit somehow the HUD.

Adjusting: I have played with a fairly same style for some time, that why I wanted to find leaks in my game. Trying to do little more studying now before playing :)