[NL2-NL10] NL 25 KK folding overpair

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $26.14
      Hero:
      $27.10

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG+2 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 6 folds, UTG+2 raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($6.35) 8:spade: , 2:heart: , 6:club: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $5, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($16.35) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $10, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $26.35

Villain stats:
      vpip 13
      WTSD: 8
      pfr 5
      pf af 0.5
      flop af 4.5
      total af 1.17
      total hands 159

What to do against player who almost never raises pre-flop and then check/raises your kings:D I think that I should fold flop or if I believe that he might have QQ, AK, (maybe KK^^) then call down all the way (he would probably push river anyway:) )
  • 5 replies
    • Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz

Maybe its just me but I read your folding AA/KK posts and I feel that you may be too passive with these considering the flops !

Reraise - you were in position, at least then you would know where you stand. If he comes over the top then you can let go I suppose (considering the opposition) but for these hands I definitely would have made a stand at the flop and re-evaluate further.

Thats just my comments and I'm no pro but I do feel that these were played a bit passive.

Will await judges comments :)
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I never fold kings in this spot. He may also have another overpair like TT-KK. I'd shove the turn.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      I never fold kings in this spot. He may also have another overpair like TT-KK. I'd shove the turn.
      Why not reraise pre flop to $10 and go allin if he pushes?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Re-raising pre-flop would be the right thing to do, unless I wouldn´t put him on aces.
      Since I put him on aces fold flop would be right thing to do. If I don´t believe that he has aces, then re-raising preflop/call shove would be the best.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I think its wrong to put your opponent on a single hand unless you have very good reads. Reraising is an option, but if he has AA, we go broke in all cases and if he has a lower pair, he may fold to a 4-bet. Hence, I think calling is also fine.