[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AA vs aggressive oponent

• Vildcz
      Vildcz
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($30.26)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($31.60)
      BB ($25)
      Hero (UTG) ($25.35)
      MP ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
      Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, CO calls $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.50) 9, J, 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.88, CO raises $4.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.62

Turn: ($11.50) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($25.50) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Total pot: $25.50

Villain is unknown. I don't like the raise on the flop + bet on the turn, but I don't think folding here is an option. Should I bet for value on the river, when villain checks?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don't like the raise on the flop + bet on the turn, but I don't think folding here is an option. Should I bet for value on the river, when villain checks?
      - seems like you´re oop, so you can´t really bet river, but even if you were ip I´d still take my free showdown since he would not call you down his missed draws
      Postflop should be fine
      He is reping either boat or some kind of miss draw, so calling him down or at least calling turn should be fine
      Don´t see him really raising flop smt like AJ
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vildcz
      Should I bet for value on the river, when villain checks?

Thanks
      Since you're asking that question I assume he showed down smth like QT or some other weak hand and left you thinkg "ah damn, should've vbet vs that" :f_biggrin:

Hindsight 20-20, but yeah, there's no way you could be vbetting there imo coz:

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      ... but even if you were ip I´d still take my free showdown since he would not call you down his missed draws
      +1

1) Ppl don't fold fullhouses @ small stakes - even if he has 55, he's gonna cry and still call 99% of the time

2) If he doesn't have a boat, he was on a FD or OESD - river the flush hits, so that also beats you and busted OESD isn't calling your vbet anyway

So, you can't vbet that on the river ... any riverbet would actually turn your hand into a bluff pretty much.
    • Vildcz
      Vildcz
      Bronze
      Nah he had K5s and even later his lines were quite funky, but in this hand I didn't know that yet :D

and i wasn't thinking "ah damn, should've vbet vs that", I was more like "WTF?" ;)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vildcz
      Nah he had K5s and even later his lines were quite funky, but in this hand I didn't know that yet :D

and i wasn't thinking "ah damn, should've vbet vs that", I was more like "WTF?" ;)
      lol, well essentially same as a busted draw ... can't vbet much there "in case he has K high and maybe pays off" :f_biggrin:

And even if you could vbet, just going to showdown could turn out to be more valuable still ... just to see what he took that line with :f_cool: