Scariest movies you've ever seen...

• Tontor
      Tontor
      Bronze
      Hey PStrat community,

Me and some buddies are getting together to watch a slew of scary movies but don't really know what to watch?

Current list:

Mirrors
      Mirrors II
      Nightmare on Elm Street

Hopefully you can tell me if these are horrible picks or suggest better movies ;)

Josh
  • 77 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Never say never
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I fell asleep everytime I tried to watch Mirrors so I don't find it that scary.. just bloody. My suggestions would be:

The Omen
      The Dark
      The Exorcist
      The Exorcism of Emily Rose
      Saw (all of them)

That's all I could think of atm.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      watched the shining (original) when i was about 12 in the middle of the day, scared the shit out of me.

a morepork (new zealand owl) flew into the window halfway through which was also scary as
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      Insidious, the best damn scary movie I've seen..
    • skiffcz
      skiffcz
      Bronze
      Alien @ Aliens obviously ;)

Also, dont forget about first two series of good old Outer Limits.

If they really want something scary instead of remembering the nineties (possibly never seen before) they might try El Espinazo del Diablo (El Laberinto del Fauno from the same director, but this is bit more known). Both in spanish, but deffo worth seeing ;)
    • Toothless32
      Toothless32
      Bronze
      I saw Insidious like two days ago. I didnt like it so much from some reason. But it is very well rated and surely one of best new scary movies...

I saw a lot of scary movies and the most I liked REC and REC 2 (original spanish movie not american crappy remake...) from survivals and Shutter : They are around us (again original thailand movie not american remake...Dont know why americans have to screw up every great scary movie by making crappy remake :) ) from mysterious
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      I wouldn't go with Saw.. they are just bloody and painful to watch. And I don't recommend watching all movies at the same night. That can seriously impact on your mood in next few days :)
    • Johnis
      Johnis
      Bronze
      You should try Hostel. It's not that scary, but I would call it disguisting. I never get really into a movie, but watching this one I was about to puke several times :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Johnis
      You should try Hostel. It's not that scary, but I would call it disguisting. I never get really into a movie, but watching this one I was about to puke several times :)
      +1

also
      +1 The Exorcism of Emily Rose

and HannesZ really recommends everyone to watch all scary movie in the cinema because of screaming girls around gives more effect!! :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I can get away with scary films, but blood/guts/gore is just too much. Saw/Hostel = (insert skype puke sign)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      REC the spanish version is probably my favorite... and the shining is a classic one...

and yeah watched pet sematary few days ago... it was ok.. and the girl I was with had her eyes closed like 70% of the time so yea...
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Forced to watch my mate's wedding video a couple of months back and 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' got all broody; now THAT scared the shit out of me for sure!
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      I don't like movies where theres just gore and violence, unf rarely any good horror movies come out these days, looking forward to Stake Land and Dont be afraid of the dark

Dead Silence is awesome as well

The Grudge was cool enough, The Eye as well(not the american version, it was a bit censored)

I cant think of anymore right now, but as soon as I do, I'll be back :f_biggrin:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      +1 for dead silence.
      +1 for any slasher movie, they are not scary but they are so awesome.

I actually liked "mirrors" despite everyone seems to hate it, maybe I just like shitty movies.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Oh, just remembered The Ring was nice too.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      The notebook

It's really scary, I haven't seen it, but of what I heard is terrifying. I'm really scared of seeing that movie.

Somehow girls like it.
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      I liked Silent Hill , Descent and "The Others" although they aren't really the scariest, i grew up watching old school stuff like Children of the Corn and the older Friday the 13th movies those were classics :)
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      its not a movie but back in the day...

the first episode of X files when it first came out...

it's tame now, but back then that show had some really creepy episodes...
    • Tontor
      Tontor
      Bronze
      Wow, the thread generated more action then I had expected, I'll have to get a buddy over and watch some trailers for these movies!