Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $0.00
      SB:
      $0.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) T, J, 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, SB folds, Hero calls $0.77.

Turn: ($1.37) 8 (1 players)
      Hero checks, Hero folds, gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.6.

Not really sure about this hand. Should I donk bet and fold to a raise, or 3-bet? Or should I check-raise? Should I be getting it in on this flop? Check-call seems too weak on such a wet board. And I always have to give it up on this turn card
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Seems like one player is missing but basically I'd just donk the flop and then reevaluate my further actions. But as played kinda hard to say, while we even don't know the stacks and I don't really understand who is betting or anything. Somewhat the hand is messed up.

And I wouldn't really Check/Raise on flop while we could easily just isolate against better hands, rather donk.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $9.70
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $7.95
      BB (Hero):
      $11.64
      MP2:
      $32.86
      MP3:
      $12.11

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.9) T, J, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.77, SB folds, Hero calls $0.77.

Turn: ($2.44) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.32, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.44.

reposted hand. Sorry about the messed up hands. I've started using HEM and I honestly dont think its better than elephant for session reviewing or hand evaluation. That's part of the reason I havent been posting much lately. Maybe I'm just not used to the software yet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Guess it's just you ain't used to the software. Myself I really do like the HEM posting thing and replayer. But I give the feedback about elephant that I really did like as well before I started using PT/HEM, it was so great that it posted the stats and so on.

About the hand, yes likely rather donk myself the flop and continue there vs further action.

Where do you play that HEM messes up the hands? Ongame?
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Stars. So maybe i'm doing something wrong? I right click the hand and go to copy hand with stats and it comes up like the first one. Without stats is what the repost is, and I then have to run it through a hand converter for the forum. This was much easier with elephant.

Also, regarding reviewing hands and sessions, I liked that I could write a commentary on my hands and that commentary would be saved should I want to look back through previous sessions during study in Elephant. I don't see a function where I can type out my thought process in HEM so that I remember it later.

Any quick advice here would be appreciated, otherwise i'll go to the HEM forums.
    • 11pokerallstars11
      11pokerallstars11
      Bronze
      VerizI am also using HEM, can you tell me how to use HEM to post the hands here in the forum or maybe it's even possible to post the replayer of HEM here which would be even better?

Best Regards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Select the hand -> Replayer opens -> Then Press Hand History -> another window opens which will show the hand -> Press 2+2 and then paste the hand into the thread.

This is how I do and has been working perfectly for me the whole time I have used HEM. :)