River: ($1.86, 2 players) 2:heart:
      UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70
  • 5 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi BGawli!

Preflop:
      I would say that flat with 56s HU is very loose, unless we expect blinds overcall frequently. So only to UTG or I prefer fold here... and probably flatting PP and higher SC (98s+).
      It is really hard to hit heavy board with 56s and UTG have something to continue.

Flop: Your hand might be vurnable to some draws (gutshots, FD), so I like bet sizing of full pot

Turn: I would be still barelling (70%-80% POT $1.2-$1.5) here and folding to raise. I do expect that UTG would bet FD on flop (expecially with high cards).
      If I bet turn and UTG will call and shove river I am folding, otherwise I am checking behind as I do not expect that he will fold overpair if got called twice.

River: River cards is very ugly indeed, now we loose to overpairs as his calling range on flop might be something like 77-99. I may call as I need only 28% equity, but still expect to loose most of the time...
      But I pay card information to undrestand what is his check / call range on flop in two 2 players... and put note on him...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: Basically Calling here ain't like a very big mistake. But you have to have a plan with the hand, not just hoping to hit and if not then fit/Fold or doing some dumb mistakes when just hitting the mid-pair for lets say 6 or whatsoever and then trying to do hero calls. So therefore I'd ask you, what kind of plan do you have with it? What kind of opponent is the UTG? Do you have loose players behind you? What's your postflop plan? Of course those kind of questions might be long to answer but you have to start to do the thinking to become better poker player. And if you going to continue with the basic fit/fold thing then you wont reach really high limits. :(

As played
      Postflop: Basically there is no way I am going to Check behind the turn with the plan to bluff-induce or Check behind for pot control. Rather do bet the turn as well for free showdown and maybe even value from some draws/weaker 6x or pairs/PPs. And as played there is not much you can do than Call the river bet while you went for such a line.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Plan for this hand is simply... hit big hand on the flop like 2 pairs, trips and hit other streets very strong but in this situation turn and river were very bad for me... or hit flash or straight draw and play carefully...
      u mentioned about hitting mid-pair... if he bet I'd fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      Plan for this hand is simply... hit big hand on the flop like 2 pairs, trips and hit other streets very strong but in this situation turn and river were very bad for me... or hit flash or straight draw and play carefully...
      u mentioned about hitting mid-pair... if he bet I'd fold
      With such a plan you wont hit often enough, that's the problem. And in long run you will likely just loose money with such Calls. At some spots you have to play aggressively even if you don't hit.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I forgot mention about float... can be a plan with tight opponent when the flop is low