SB: $2.30
      Hero (BB): $5.09
      UTG: $5.15
      MP: $7.02
      CO: $3.17
      BTN: $7.10

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:spade: J:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.17, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.55, CO calls $0.38

Flop: ($1.12, 2 players) K:spade: 9:diamond: T:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.12, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, fold
  • 7 replies
    • 11pokerallstars11
      11pokerallstars11
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you are the preflop aggresor and 3 betted I would actually like to make a cbet on the Flop, because you can easily represent to have a K and still have a gut shot to an reraise i would just give up. If he calls on flop reevalute on the turn but actually just give up if not improving. But i don't know anything about Villian if he is more tight or loose. I also prefer to just call preflop but depends on opponent.

Greetings
    • Yeodan
      Yeodan
      Bronze
      Only hand that makes sense to me is AK, maybe AQ, QQ, JJ and TT

Villain always has us beat here, we might make him fold QQ and JJ, but we might not.

I'd play exactly like you did.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

I'd still CBet the board as well rather than give up. It's very likely that we have the best hand there and even if he Calls then we still can give it up. Giving up is a bit too weak and exploitable.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I don't understand why I should have CB on this flop?
      NL2 6 max KK what about this hand? why shouldn't do CB? Because A i more dangerous than K?

edit... I'm still wondering about this situation... Is CB connected with being in position or not? If I was in position in this hand what I should have done? What I learned so far... smart play will be to check and play pot control with position... am I right?

so back to this hand... I'm OOP so we have to bet because our opponent's got position and CB is only one chance to win this hand... checking on the flop could be trap... but checking on the turn is showed weakness...

I'm studying one book Harrington on online cash game 6 max... Have u read it? One part is about ranges and distributions... could u tell me what ev of cbetting the flop is and what ev of checking the flop is? can u do this? page 242 in a book...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      In one situation you are OOP and they could basically just try to take down the pot with betting but while you could easily just CBet and not give him the chance.

And in other situation you basically have the position and he wont anyways that often bluff and basically you can even decide on turn what you gonna do, for example he doesn't bet then you might even bet for value and as well JJ/QQ or whatsoever may Call but they will easily lay down on flop.

And nope, I haven't read the book. :( And we can talk about the EV lines in sykpe as soon I am back from Russia. Or I will just write again into this thread.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so if I have position and dangerous card appeared on the flop I should play pot control and don't CB... if I'm OOP and dangerous card appeared on the flop I should CB because waiting is bad play and I have to take it down the pot now... do I understand good?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      so if I have position and dangerous card appeared on the flop I should play pot control and don't CB... if I'm OOP and dangerous card appeared on the flop I should CB because waiting is bad play and I have to take it down the pot now... do I understand good?
      Something similar, when you OOP I do rather CBet and if not then if he shows weakness then we can Check behind.