[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 88 turned into a bluff

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (BB) ($25.75)
      UTG ($14.58)
      MP ($25)
      Button ($25.75)
      SB ($25.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8
      1 fold, MP bets $0.85, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 7, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.20) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero raises to $7.75, MP raises to $22.95 (All-In), Hero folds

Taggish looking player on small sample

On the turn I decided to turn my hand into a bluff by raising his second barrel and also shove river as I expected to make him fold this way a lot of his overpairs and other hands and basically for him to call me down with sets or better. -and maybe not so often with sets.

Not to sure what to do on a :heart: river. I expect to make him fold anything than a flush in his range like sets, overpairs etc. I assume it's pure math depending on how many flushes I expect him to have vs all other hands?

The reason why I made this play is because it would be pretty hard for me to call many river cards and so I might end up folding the best hand and also because as stated above I expect to make better hands fold.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I really don´t like it.
      You have showdown value with your overpair+ if you are behing you likely have 6 outs to improve. And he can always that spot with his A high flushdraws, since your turn c/r looks kind of small.
      I´d personally would b/f turn and maybe then c/c river if you don´t see him having worse hands that would call river