This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 88 turned into a bluff

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (BB) ($25.75)
      UTG ($14.58)
      MP ($25)
      Button ($25.75)
      SB ($25.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8
      1 fold, MP bets $0.85, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 7, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.20) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero raises to $7.75, MP raises to $22.95 (All-In), Hero folds

Taggish looking player on small sample

On the turn I decided to turn my hand into a bluff by raising his second barrel and also shove river as I expected to make him fold this way a lot of his overpairs and other hands and basically for him to call me down with sets or better. -and maybe not so often with sets.

Not to sure what to do on a :heart: river. I expect to make him fold anything than a flush in his range like sets, overpairs etc. I assume it's pure math depending on how many flushes I expect him to have vs all other hands?

The reason why I made this play is because it would be pretty hard for me to call many river cards and so I might end up folding the best hand and also because as stated above I expect to make better hands fold.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I really don´t like it.
      You have showdown value with your overpair+ if you are behing you likely have 6 outs to improve. And he can always that spot with his A high flushdraws, since your turn c/r looks kind of small.
      I´d personally would b/f turn and maybe then c/c river if you don´t see him having worse hands that would call river