UTG+1: $11.93
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $15.79
      CO: $6.80
      BTN: $9.60
      SB: $27.95

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40, 2 players) 4:heart: A:spade: 7:spade:
      SB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.00, SB raises to $4.80, Hero raises to $8.85, SB calls $4.05

Turn: ($20.10, 2 players) 2:club:

River: ($20.10, 2 players) 8:heart:
  • 3 replies
    • ExMagnusxL
      ExMagnusxL
      Bronze
      The only hands I can put him on here are poorly played pocket 4s or 7s.

You definitely played the hand correctly up until you 4-bet shoved the flop because after he 3-bets he is clearly committing himself for your whole stack. This is proof that he has better than TP third kicker. The worst he is going to have is an AKo he wanted to hit with before comiiting and usually much better. Honestly though these spots suck and it is very hard to get away from them, I know I can't always, it takes a lot of discipline.

That being said I really like your bet sizing in the hand especially your two bet on the flop. At first it seemed a little small but its really a good size for being able to get away from the hand if he 3-bets. Now you just got to work on the getting away part. :f_grin:
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      His play is really bad here. He half pot donks the flop in a 3-bet pot, then min 3-bets your flop raise.

Thinking about it logically, does it make sense for him to Donk Ax knowing that you will c-bet all pocket pairs on this board? Seems stupid to me for him to donk here with an Ace (or set) but based on his sizing, he could really be this bad.

I'm not sure how often he shows up with worse than AJ here. Other stats would probably help you better assess the situation like his range in 3-bet pots and WTSD etc. Fish love to minraise their nut hands but I think it can sometimes be a flush draw with some kind of KQ/KJ/KT/QJ/QT/JT combo. At least thats what I try to convince myself so that I can call.

I'll be interested to see what veriz says! :-)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cooleyman,

Preflop: Basically you can as well Call here while he will anyways have hard time Calling the 3bet.

As played
      Postflop: Not many worse hands will Call you anyways. He is likely trapping you. What hands do you expect to beat as he plays this way? Don't see many, I'd rather Raise/Fold, of course we don't do it that often but that's likely the case without any good reason to act other way.

Best regards.