MP2 ($26.16)
      Hero (MP3) ($27.76)
      CO ($103)
      BTN ($14.23)
      SB ($33.70)
      BB ($26.06)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 9 players) Hero is MP3 A:spade: K:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 4 folds

Flop: Q:heart: K:diamond: A:club: ($1.85, 2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.29, Hero raises to $4, MP1 calls $2.71

Turn: 5:diamond: ($9.85, 2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $5, MP1 calls $5

River: 6:club: ($19.85, 2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $5, MP1 calls $5

I think I am giving way to much credit to his calling range here. In the limited amount of time I there is to think at rush I remember imagining the worst case scenario JT and also some sets as part of his range. I think he would have raised with sets on either flop or turn. but still might slow play JT but that is only 16 combo compared to numerous AJ, AT, AQ, KQ, KJ, KT , QJ JJ, TT. I think I can bet at the very least $7 on turn and shove river.what would you think would be the best bet size.
  • 3 replies
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      me thinks you think correctly now about what you were thinking then (e.g. him having JT is unlikely and not raising sets).
      Agree about larger turn bet. Don't agree about shoving river though - he might actually fold, so betting around half pot would probably be better.

Silly question: why not raise pre-flop with AKs? You have 4 people behind, who would have enough implied odds to limp with JT et al. Raising would either isolate or win you the pot on the spot.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Silly question: why not raise pre-flop with AKs? You have 4 people behind, who would have enough implied odds to limp with JT et al. Raising would either isolate or win you the pot on the spot.
      for several reasons really.

1) it conceal my hand and I can often stack AQ, AJ on A high board on later streets.

2) it is great for squeeze happy players behind me, I can shove then.

3) with nits players (and there are shitloads at rush)I hate to isolate myself like QQ+ and dont really like either to 3bet fold AK

4) it balances my game with all my speculative, I call a few good hands IP.

and it allows me also to play some poker post flop IP.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like betting 7$ and then shoving river
      If he has there AQ/KQ he would likely not fold and AQ/AJ has a lot more combos than sets and with JTs he would likely shove turn anyway