[NL2-NL10] Nl 25 66 set on 4-handed play

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10.70
      BB:
      $5.49
      Hero:
      $24.96
      CO:
      $20.08

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:heart: , 6:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.25.
      6 folds, CO checks, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.00) T:diamond: , 7:spade: , 8:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.00) 6:club: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($2.00) 2:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.00

The board looks so ugly. Maybe I could re-raise turn, but since I´ve invested the pot 50 cents and I don´t always have the best hand why not just call and re-evaluate on the river. There could be 1$ valuebet on the river, not sure though.
  • 9 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      There could be 1$ valuebet on the river, not sure though.
      I don't think a bet would be a good idea, with 3 to the flush and 4 to the straight on the board. better to get a free showdown
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I don't like valuebetting the river either. But I'd raise the turn, you may not be beaten yet and you can't afford to give free cards there.
      And even if you're beaten, you still have 10 outs. (Unless you're against a higher set, but that's just bad luck.)
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      I´d bet the turn. As played why not value bet the river? Nobody showed any strenght so far. If raised it is an easy fold
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Board is too drawy to bet on the river. Re-raising turn seems fine idea, but I didn't like to fight over pot, where I'd invested 50 cents.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      As played why not value bet the river?
      Since the board is so drawy, he probably won't be called by a pair, maybe not even two pair.

@Kaitz20: From what I've been noticing from your hands, you seem to be playing too scared. No offenses meant here, just an advice, I think you should be more agressive. :)
      GL.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I play aggressively, when I think I'm ahead;) , if think that I'm behind I fold. Simple:D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I raise the turn - there are so many worse hands that call a bet. I'd assume to have the best hand unless I get check-raised. Hence, I want to get value and protect my hand.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      [quote][i]@Kaitz20: From what I've been noticing from your hands, you seem to be playing too scared. No offenses meant here, just an advice, I think you should be more agressive. :)
      GL.[/quote]The idea here is that we help each other so please take it as that, but I also told you the same about your KK play.
      Ok that you fold if you think you are behind but you are probably losing a lot of value by not playing more agressively. (Just an opinion with the best intentions :) )
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´m thankful all the replies, although I´m not always 100% agree with them, cause you didn´t play that hand, only see the results. So you can´t always came up the same result as I did.
      Watched some days ago Stoxpoker video where he discussed what was the good poker. It consisted mostly two things:
      1. put you opponent on hand range(s)
      2. gain value your play by doing the right moves mathematically.
      It was a while back, so I may wrote it down a little wrong, but thats how I understood that. Not sure if this also apply to bluffs, but I´ve been trying to avoid going all-in with draws and may sometimes lay down the better hand if I don´t believe that I´m ahead (on KK hand I was sure that he had aces though^^)

On that hand I agree that i may raise turn, but since I believe that I can lay down my set on that board and I´m not sure that I´m ahead here against 3 players, since it is limped pot, I played it safe, which imo isn´t the worst thing I could do. (would that be better if i would re-raised and called BB shove, since I get the right pot odds^^)

Anyway trying to play (a little) more aggressively:)