$50 starting capital.

• DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Ok, i've been using Full Tilt for a while now. Apparently i can't use them for the starting capital because i've already deposited/didn't register my username through this site.

I also used Party Poker a couple of time, so presume i can't use them either.

I tried downloading William Hill, but for some reason the software has difficulties on my laptop and won't load the poker tables without crashing.

Does that mean all my options are out?
  • 48 replies
    • Dominatrixz
      Dominatrixz
      Bronze
      I think there is still Cake Poker awaible.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi DanMeaks,

Welcome to our community!

oops, what an unfortunate situation. Cake poker does not offer the free $50 starting capital anymore I am afraid. (Only if youre account was still created in April month)

Regarding William Hill client problem, You should post in our William Hill board where you'll surely receive an answer from our members, someone might have experienced the same as you.

Let me know how you getting along!
      Ingrid
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Never mind, obviously i found this website and thought the $50 was to good to be true, so never really expected to be awarded it. This site is rewarding enough, plenty of tips and really helpful strategy posts so just being here and learning is excellent.

I'll check the williamhill boards, see if anyone else had the same problem but i won't be disappointed if i don't find anything.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi, Dan,

If you check out the posts I've made here, you'll see I'm a plain-speaking guy who's not afraid to offend people. If I thought PokerStrategy was a scam, I'd tell you.

But this site is totally legit. I passed the quiz and got my starting capital (on William Hill) with no problems.

I also opened an account on Cake through the referral link here, made my own deposit, and have been accumulating rakeback and strategy points like clockwork.

In many ways making your own deposit to get rakeback is a better deal than getting the free starting capital. My rakeback is outpacing my losses on Cake. But check out the Cake forum for my post on withdrawal and P2P transfer restrictions there.

If you look in the William Hill forum, you'll find several posts from people who have had similar issues with their software, especially on laptops. William Hill has a bad interface anyway, but it's not a bad site to play microstakes BSS on.

Friend me if you want further input.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DanMeaks
      Never mind, obviously i found this website and thought the $50 was to good to be true, so never really expected to be awarded it. This site is rewarding enough, plenty of tips and really helpful strategy posts so just being here and learning is excellent.

I'll check the williamhill boards, see if anyone else had the same problem but i won't be disappointed if i don't find anything.
      Really happy to read your post DanMeaks! You've made my day! =)
      I hope you find some useful tips and the client problem will be solved.

Please keep us posted and in case you haven't managed to solve it we'll delegate the issue to our Key account managers to check with William Hill.
      Ingrid

As always, big thanks to belayd for helping out! :club:
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      If you are the creator or at least one of the creators, this is an exceptional website. Exactly what i've been looking for. I've been reading books but feel i have learned more from the strategy posts here than anywhere else.

Have played 3 freerolls today (which is how i would ideally like to build my bankroll from now on, without making another deposit) and although i bust out in 2 with KK (opponent hit a set on the flop both times) I'm now high on the leader board in the UK freeroll. Although annoyingly, out of 364 players, I'm on a table with only 4 active players with stacks larger than mine and 5 inactive stacks. Strange, never had this happen before.

Aiming for the final table!

The $50 incentive is great for beginners though, but I'll leave it for somebody else since it's unlikely WilliamHill will work on my laptop.

Hopefully this tournament is my ticket to profitable play and this basic freeroll strategy strikes me lucky.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      If you still want to earn strategy points and increase your status (for the sake of unlocking higher-level strategy articles) use a PS link to open a new account in a new poker room and then deposit and play. Some rooms offer rakeback if you sign up through PS. For example, Cake gives you a deposit bonus AND 33% rakeback.

If you want more help with this, let me know.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Of course! The strategy points, silly me.

Playing a game now so shall come back to this.

Gutted, came 33rd..27 get paid.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

unlucky!!! good luck next time :P

roo :P
    • MFUkebber
      MFUkebber
      Bronze
      wait...so if i created a cake poker account in april I can get a 50$ starting capital?
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

unlucky!!! good luck next time :P

roo :P
      I know, i was so tidy all the way through. With only 4/5 tables left lost half my stack to a set, i had 2 pair...opponent played like he had nothing...totally got me. Death hand, had a flush draw and not many BB left so shoved post flop (was BB and no raise before me).

About Cake Poker belayd, where do i sign up through PS?

And MFUkebber, only Full Tilt, Party Poker and William Hill are the only places that have the $50 starting capital.....i think.

Edit - Sorted the Cake Poker account.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Dan,

The $50 incentive is great for beginners though, but I'll leave it for somebody else since it's unlikely WilliamHill will work on my laptop.
      :( saddest!

Cake Poker offers 110% up to $600 Bonus and 33% Rakeback. Also, you'll find all our Poker room partners here, feel free to check out what they have to offer. There are many promotions and tournament exclusively to PokerStrategy.com members.

@MFUkebber, Dan is correct in this case. :club:

Happy Saturday =)
      Ingrid
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Happy Saturday to you to, and thanks for all the help offered. See you around the forums (when i get the hang of it).
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Ingrid gave you the best link to use for Cake. For a general overview of the poker room offers, click the Poker Rooms tab at the top of any forum page, toward the left-hand side.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Have signed up with Cake, although I haven't deposited yet. Not as many micro stake tournaments, which FTP has in abundance plus my favourite 90 man SnG.

I'll give it another look actually.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Cake has very little SNG traffic and the MTT traffic is light. It's mostly a cash games site. The limit and NL cash tables are pretty busy, tho.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      I try not to venture into ring games to much, but if i'm to be a successful poker player i guess i have to at some point.

Lots of strategy articles to read...should probably stop playing poker and get some reading done!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      It's worthwhile to study at least one strategy type's basic articles and take the quiz in order to unlock the bronze articles. Don't cheat, tho. Yes, it's possible to keep the strategy articles open while you're taking the quiz and just read the answers from them, but if you do that you're only ripping yourself off. Try to absorb the basic strategy and apply it until you've had some experience following it during play, then take the quiz. I can tell you that the bronze articles are much richer and more informative than the basic ones, and the silver ones are still too advanced for me but might not be for you. :)
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      I'm OK with starting hands in general, although sometimes i play to loose or to passively which has seen me lose my bankroll in the past. Reading the big stack strategy has been helpful clearing up questions over my own game, that i lack patience/stamina waiting for the correct hands.

Learning about position will help my game considerably over the coming months. Although i have to study psychology for University, i aim to get some solid poker time under my belt starting from next Wednesday/Thursday. Should give me plenty of time to absorb the articles and gain confidence before i deposit again.

Yep, i've decided to deposit $50 of my own cash. After reading the 'Big Stack Strategy' i feel better about playing ring games. To alleviate boredom i might multi table, but not before i've tested myself on a single table with the proposed strategy.

Which quiz do you mean by the way belayd? I see the 3 questions after each chapter but not sure if you mean those or another set of quiz type questions?

Excellent website peeps, excellent!