[NL2-NL10] NL 25 AK tptk on drawy board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $8.89
      UTG+1:
      $15.83
      Hero:
      $25

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:club: , K:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.25, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.10) K:spade: , 7:heart: , Q:club: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, MP2 folds, UTG+1 calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.10) 8:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $12, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $22.10

Can´t know the other way how to protect my hand, so I put him all-in:P
  • 6 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I don't think that board is too drawy. Only hand I'm worried about protection is JT, and I think it's unlikely here.

I'd check behind on the turn.

If he bets the river I'm putting him all-in, even with a weaker K or a smaller pair, he's getting good odds to call. If you're up against a set, nothing you can do about it.

If he checks the river, valuebet.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      he would not limp/call raise from EP with JT. I also don´t think protection is needed here. Check behind for pot control .
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Can´t understand that:D Check behind and give him free card to hit his 5-outer or 3-outer. Don't need to pot control here, since he is middle stack and I would call anyway his river shove. The question is, do I need to play tricky to get more money out of him with my top pair. I think that I could bet 6$, which he might call with Kx, Qx, hoping to hit his twopair/trips. Had just too many suckouts on the river, that I really don't want to play that hand tricky, and if he limped in with JT, don´'t want him to give odds to call my turn bet.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      If he has Qx or a smaller PP. Then raising the turn will probably scare him, give him the chance to bluff into you or/and pay you off with weaker hands, he's probably drawing almost dead anyway.

And as you said, since he's midstacked, you're going to get all-in anyway. But when you bet turn, most of the time you get all-in he's gonna have the best hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I believe that he may call my all-in bet with KJ, KT, QJ. Anyway still think that betting on the turn is better than checking behind, cause when scare card comes and he pushes I will curse myself why I checked behind, making a crying call and curse again:D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      c/c Turn is fine. Against a station I'd shove, but you get more value by c/c and value betting the river.