Known players:   
      SB:
      $6,71
      Hero:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $11,59

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,35, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,35, BU folds, SB calls $0,30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,15) 4:heart: , 4:club: , 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,75, CO calls $0,75, SB folds.

Turn: ($2,65) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,70, CO calls $1,70.

River: ($6,05) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, CO raises to $8,79 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,05
      Unknown opponnents
      River - bet/fold to extract value from overpairs . Is it right ?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      River - bet/fold to extract value from overpairs . Is it right ?
      - yes and no. problem is your bet size that looks a lot like blocking bet, so player can shove there his missed draws, but I´d personally not sure that players would call me down 3 streets with worse hands so instead of b/f I prefer c/c to induce bet from worse hands and his missed draws
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

Actually I do like the idea of block-bet/Fold vs unknown. For the reason we really don't know the opponent and if he even has the draw or whatsoever, we can't be sure that he is going to bluff with it. But while he might have some PPs which might still Call the block-bet or maybe he is even able to Call with A high and level himself. Therefore I do like it as well to block-bet/fold, rather than face a huge bet from his side and then consider like, oh am I any good anymore or not and might even at some spots rather prefer Check/Folding. And while I want to avoid such huge bets then rather bet myself.

Don't think that those players on those limit turn their hands into bluff that often anyways, rather do it for value.

Best regards.