BB: $2.03
      UTG: $2.46
      UTG+1: $0.67
      Hero (MP): $2.08
      MP+1: $2.00
      LP: $2.86

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) J:spade: 3:diamond: 8:club:
      Hero bets $0.13, LP raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.95, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, LP checks

River: ($0.95, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $0.66, LP raises to $1.80, Hero calls $0.96 and is all-in

How would you play this?
      Villain is 24/14 over 50 hands
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      How would you play this?
      - he definitely has there sets, but at the same time he would also likely raise with his overpairs/draws/bluffs
      I think AA is a little strong to b/f flop, so instead of giving him free card I´d 3-bet flop to 1$ and play for stacks
      b/c river is fine. I´d expect him to bet most of the times his sets on the turn, so he can always have there missed draws or maybe shoving like AJ for value
    • Yeodan
      Yeodan
      Bronze
      Bleh I really hate this!

I've posted 3 hands like this so far, lost 3 of them vs a set or higher pocket pair.

Yet everyone is telling me I'm playing correctly while I'm losing a lot of money on these hands. Okay it's only 3 hands and I've only played 2k hands so far, but still ... I hate it!

So am I just unlucky and should I keep playing these hands like this, putting all my money in with TP kind of hands on dry boards?

Or should I play these hands more carefull?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yeodan
      Bleh I really hate this!

I've posted 3 hands like this so far, lost 3 of them vs a set or higher pocket pair.

Yet everyone is telling me I'm playing correctly while I'm losing a lot of money on these hands. Okay it's only 3 hands and I've only played 2k hands so far, but still ... I hate it!

So am I just unlucky and should I keep playing these hands like this, putting all my money in with TP kind of hands on dry boards?

well, I understand that you´re mostly posting hands when you´re loosing. Try to also post hands when you´re winning- I think you can´t be against set every single time, but if after really 2k hands you´re only getting all-in against sets, then correct option would be b/f flop, since players would not get all-in then with worse hands

- I´d say mostly you´re unlucky, but if tight players raises you on the flop then likely you´re beat, so then b/f is better option, but 24/14 isn´t that tight that you should only put him on sets
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Yeodan,

Mainly I might even at some spots consider rather Bet/Folding right on flop while we see the opponent more passive. It's hard to say what kind of opponent he is while we only have VPIP/PFR which says only how he does play preflop.

But mainly I wouldn't really 3bet the flop while he could easily just fold a lot weaker hands and might even fold bluffs but which he may continue on further streets. So therefore at the best just Call and Check/Call the turn and if Checked then likely bet the river for value. And it's Bet/Fold as in this spot, he ain't gonna raise there with a lot worse hands or either play Jx this way.

If you played those hands correctly then you shouldn't be worried about them! You will earn money with them in long run and just keep playing. You can't always win the hand and every single hand or pot. You will loose at some spots. And rather ignore such spots than make yourself even more tilty with the chat and thinking of the play.

No way! I wouldn't put all-in always with just TP on dry boards. Basically there ain't many hands which they usually raise on dry boards. Rather they are sets because people tend to play more passively with TP type of hands themselves.

No way either! This kind of play would just loose you money as well and obvious you wont start protecting enough. Have seen a lot of spots where people tend to turn more passive side when they start losing money but don't do that.

Main thing is just post hands and you will see how you did play it. And even if you won the hand, it might be still badly played, so post all of them you have. :) And will get the answer either you did do everything correctly or not.

Best regards.