SB: $1.38
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $2.10
      UTG+1: $2.64
      MP: $1.94
      MP+1: $2.73

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19, 3 players) 2:heart: 9:spade: J:diamond:
      BB checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, fold

Turn: ($0.35, 2 players) Q:spade:
      CO bets $0.24, fold

CO wins $0.33

Co is 27/17 over 30 hands

Should I raise his flop bet?
      Can I call or raise this turn bet?
  • 2 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Yeodan!

Your TPTK is nice hand in this spot and I would consider following lines:

1. Raise flop, bet turn, check behind river and folding to reshove during the way
      2. call flop, call turn and re-evaluate.

Turn: As played I am still calling 2nd barrel. Q is indeed very ugly card and give villain (and in his eyes maybe to us ;) ) additional equity... KT hit str8, AQ hit TP, AT hit OESD, QT hit TP+OESD, KQ TP+gutshot and he will barrel for the second time.

At this point we might be even drawing dead or near dead (if only J will improve us).

So I am calling here and mostlikely check behind or folding to reasonably big bet on river.

Funktor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Yeodan,

Preflop: Against that kind of wide range you may even 3bet here while his CO range usually is pretty wide. Of course we don't have that many hands but it should be still doable. But as well Calling ain't wrong.

As played
      Flop: The problem is that we ain't getting much value anyways when raise and therefore just Calling should be fine as well here. Although at specific spots I might even raise here and at some spots turn my hand into bluff because if we do raise here then I don't think that I will go broke while he could easily be even trapping this way. Therefore calling should be totally fine.
      Turn: It's somewhat problematic here, as we can see that he even did change the gear with the bet sizing while he did a pretty small bet on flop and then decided to bet it even bigger. Could indicate to a strong hand and therefore I am likely a fan of folding as well, we can't even be sure that any J or A will help us while we could already be drawing dead. And likely his 2nd barrel hand range ain't that wide that we easily beat him. Most likely beat some JT type of hand which has some draw in his hand as well.

Best regards.