hohoho321
      Bronze
      Known players:   
      Hero:
      $11,77
      MP3:
      $12,52

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:club:
      MP3 raises to $0,35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,15, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,80.

Flop: ($2,40) 6:heart: , K:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,40, MP3 calls $1,40.

Turn: ($5,20) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,20

Unknown opponent

On the turn I bet for value .. but against what .. ? Only flushdraws . Are there enough to make up for the call ?
      I say only FD's because his range consists mainly of Kx hands , pockets and trash , for sure not many aces which he would call on Khigh board..
      So with my bet I push out all Kx , pockets and don't give him the chance to bet himself as a bluff on this "scary" card.
  • 4 replies
    • Yeodan
      Yeodan
      Bronze
      You have to bet on this turn, not only for value, but for protection too.

There's 2 possible flush draws and even some possible straight draws.
      Okay the straight draws are unlikely, but they're still there ...

I'd bet larger, 3.90 (3/4 pot), smaller bets give flush draws better odds to call.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Yeodan!

You need to bet turn even if he might have FD... you cannot give him free card due to size of the POT (3bet) and any freecards are very valueable...

Let assume follwing:

When you bet he folds and you take $5.20

When you check behind he will still fold to you river bet if misses, but will bet when hit his flush (let say he will bet $3.5 on river when hits)

At this point you have to FD 82% equity.

On turn... there 44 cards left...

8 cards will complete his flush ~ 18%
      1 cards will complete your FH and his flush ~ 2%
      35 cards will miss him ~ 80%

Betting will take $5.2 immidiatelly.
      CB has value of -0.18*($2.6+$3.5) + 0.02*$(2*$11.77) + 0.8*5.2 = $4.5

So by not betting you are give in on $0.7 of equity. Let's bet and let him do the mistake he will call second barel and fold river sometimes with his FDs.

Funktor
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Ok if there was no flush draws check/raise or check/call would be a better option right ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

There is no way I am going to just Check the turn, the problem is that sometimes he might even Call us with the nutFD and have hit the A on turn and definitely going to pay us. And we have to protect and not really give away cards I am as well betting like $3+. You ain't gonna get value on river when he has the FD only then when you hit. And what's your plan if he Checks behind on turn and flush card comes on river?

Ok if there was no flush draws check/raise or check/call would be a better option right ?

Why do you want to miss value while he still might Call us on turn and then might even feel committed on river? I'd still bet it out for the reason that that limit has basically just so many bad players who are able to pay us. But against some specific opponents I might even sometimes try something fancy like Check/Raise to let them bet out their floats or whatsoever.

Best regards.