Andrew Robl Documentary: From Busto to Robusto

• 41 replies
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      I should stop watching these types of videos.. they make me want to drop out of school lol
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      He is an arrogant prick.I can only imagine what those girls REALLY think about him! I absolutely can't stand him. Even Phil Helmuth is nicer than him. And I have never seen him playing good on TV. He either gets lucky or makes stupid plays...

He thinks that popping 20 bottles of Dom Perignon an evening makes his life more fullfilling and better than life of Buddist monk? What an epic loser!!! (puke) He should be popping CLEARASIL bottles to clean the spots of his face instead! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Only thing is - if he can do it, I can too. That makes me feel better. :f_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      CaptZeebo was way more likeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8OaYVjhTA
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Hm i think he seems like a genuinely nice guy, just ultra competitive. He's a 21 year old multimillionaire living it up in vegas though, what else would you expect?

Also he didnt say his life was more fulfilling than that of a buddhist monk, he actually said the opposite but personally would prefer his own lifestyle. SilverSag, would you rather have his lifestyle or be a monk?
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      Hm i think he seems like a genuinely nice guy, just ultra competitive. He's a 21 year old multimillionaire living it up in vegas though, what else would you expect?

Also he didnt say his life was more fulfilling than that of a buddhist monk, he actually said the opposite but personally would prefer his own lifestyle. SilverSag, would you rather have his lifestyle or be a monk?
      +1

I actually respected the way he talked about that subject. The fact that he even considers that his lifestyle is probably not the best, even if he likes it, demonstrates that he is probably a nice guy. I thought he was very modest about telling his story. He admitted that he got very lucky and stuff.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06

+1

I actually respected the way he talked about that subject. The fact that he even considers that his lifestyle is probably not the best, even if he likes it, demonstrates that he is probably a nice guy. I thought he was very modest about telling his story. He admitted that he got very lucky and stuff.
      +2...
      Can't believe anyone took him as a bad guy after watching that video..
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      look how happy his gf is :s_evil:

That sums it all..
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze

Genuinely nice!? I would say that you are an extremely bad judge of characters... but that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

I have had his lifestyle when I was his age, so I know how it feels. I also happen to know how it ends...
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SilverSag

Genuinely nice!? I would say that you are an extremely bad judge of characters... but that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

I have had his lifestyle when I was his age, so I know how it feels. I also happen to know how it ends...
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i think i'm a good judge of character. You are being super harsh on a 22 year old just having fun with the money he has earnt. He's doing what every normal kid would do if they went from nothing to millions within a couple of years - balling out of control while he doesn't have responsibilities. I know i would - doesn't mean priorities don't change later in life. ;)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yea, I don't see what's with all the hate either, and he seems to get lots of it on 2+2 too. Looks like okay person overall, not someone that I'd be good friends with but not a huge dbag either.
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      how is 300% ROI in SNG even possible? The games must have been incredibly soft 5 years ago...
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      how is 300% ROI in SNG even possible? The games must have been incredibly soft 5 years ago...
      I think its a combination of great skills, ridiculously hot run, bad opponents and small sample size. I dont see anybody having 300% ROI in todays games over a decent sample.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      yea opponents were terrible.. and he was probably just playing 1-2 tables back then and had huge edge over people.. as well as running really hot..
      His sample actually was like some hundreds in that video right?? no way 300% roi would ever happen in todays game >50 games sample
    • dahobo
      dahobo
      Bronze
      Ive never heard anyone say "like" so much in my life.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by dahobo
      Yeah, I like noticed that as well, I was like wtf is doing, like he's doing it all the time, and it like never stops. Like he's just like possesed or something. It's just like so sick. (Phil Laak impersonation style)
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Lack of words. Inability to express oneself in words. First sign of low intelligence, btw.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      yea opponents were terrible.. and he was probably just playing 1-2 tables back then and had huge edge over people.. as well as running really hot..
      His sample actually was like some hundreds in that video right?? no way 300% roi would ever happen in todays game >50 games sample
      Have you seen the movie "A kids game"? Robl said here that back then if there was 1 good player at a table he'd leave it right away and find a table with only fishes. But hell, even if the table were so juicy back then, 300% roi over 500ish is just out of this world.

Yea, so annoying.. it felt like listening to some 8 years old. Robl is one of the most awkward poker players i've seen, along with Hastings and Bleznick.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I should stop watching these types of videos.. they make me want to drop out of school lol

I watched for precisely 2 minutes and i feel that way. :D
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint

I watched for precisely 2 minutes and i feel that way. :D
      I keep reading these comments and keep wondering... I really can't believe that people are so blinded by few bottles of expensive champaigne and a bunch of golddigger chicks, that they cannot see the reality behind it:

The video is pathetic... Acne covered 20-something year old bloke with a slighly retarded look who cannot put together a coherent sentence without 3-4 "like"in it. He was in a right place at a right time and got lucky. With his intelligence (or rather lack of it) this lifestyle and this attitude nobody will remember him in 2 years time.

The only thing you should be learning from this video is - "if he can do it, I certainly can". Smartest ones should also add "I wouldn't waste my fortune on booze and chicks, I would make some investments instead, so I have something for times when my luck runs out" :f_cool:

p.s. Oh yeah, and his girlfriend... a model!? :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: A hand model maybe, yes. Go to any Russian city and you can pick a girl two times better looking in any club within half an hour. Russian women are beautiful, his girlfriend is barely good looking.