Negative AK showdown winnings

• BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Today I noticed my showdown winnings with AK went below 0 after 121K hands.

AKs occurred 92 times for +18.18$
      AKo occurred 295 times for -23.27$

I only played SSS up to NL25 and MSS up to NL10. People always say that after many hands you will see winnings with AK but I've always oscilated around 0.

Is this normal? I have better winnings with all other card combinations, AKo being the brightest red and a money hole. I think the loses come from the allins I make (according to strategies of course) and end up being against pocket pairs which results in slow longterm loss.
      The problem is that AQo is also pretty red but I can't tell why because I rarely go allin with it. Could it be due to overplay of TPTK?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/1Raven/hands.jpg
  • 2 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      mmmm ak is such a hard hand to play for me too sometimes! I think I lose more from ak from my post flop skills than any other hand!!
      Not sure about you but I really sometimes need to let it go even when I hit top pair with it!

Roo
    • marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      Propably you just shove too much with AK.

Imo is not a good Idea to shove with AK, any pocket pair are always ahead.

I just shove If someone raises from the blinds and I'm in CO or BU.

I like do shove with tight/agressive opponents. Watch out shoving with loose/agressive players.