Trying shots to higher limit

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Hello everybody.

I registered at pokerstrategy, like, month ago, claimed my starting capital, grinded NL2(FR first, now Sh) builded my BR to 130$ and have good ammount to try shots at NL5. As i've never tried anythinh than NL2 i want to ask you some advices.

How i should do it? I mean, just open and play two tables(i play 4 SH tables at nl2 so i think 2 would be enough at star) and start grinding?

Any more advices?
  • 13 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by staktas
      Hello everybody.

I registered at pokerstrategy, like, month ago, claimed my starting capital, grinded NL2(FR first, now Sh) builded my BR to 130$ and have good ammount to try shots at NL5. As i've never tried anythinh than NL2 i want to ask you some advices.

How i should do it? I mean, just open and play two tables(i play 4 SH tables at nl2 so i think 2 would be enough at star) and start grinding?

Any more advices?
      If that was my roll I would take a 6 buyin shot at nl5 playing as many tables as you can play your best at.. Don't change your game too much - I mean, don't over adjust to the limit because you don't need to, just standard TAG is fine at nl5. Be prepared to bump into a few really nitty regs and try to identify who these are quickly, your BR will thank you for it.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Oh, and make sure you move back down instantly if you lose whatever you told yourself you would allow. I screwed several rolls because I couldn't handle moving down in the past and it only slows you down having to grind back up again!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      You have to cash-out $50 and rub it on your titties first to please the poker gods.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wurble
      Oh, and make sure you move back down instantly if you lose whatever you told yourself you would allow. I screwed several rolls because I couldn't handle moving down in the past and it only slows you down having to grind back up again!
      Thank you :)

Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      You have to cash-out $50 and rub it on your titties first to please the poker gods.
      Can't i just drink my own piss? :f_biggrin:
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      i think it is really important to become a good grinder before taking shots. try grinding your cards in 50% acetone before swallowing them in one shot.
      ofc u can also drink ur own piss afterwards, and if u like to, rub your titties in the process.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      "try grinding your cards in 50% acetone before swallowing them in one shot. "

What does it means to grind my cards in 50% acetone?
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staktas
      "try grinding your cards in 50% acetone before swallowing them in one shot. "

What does it means to grind my cards in 50% acetone?
      he is trolling.

You can start NL5 once you have about 25BI so it's ok I gues, it doesn't change that much. You could start by playing 2 tables then after getting more comfortable in that limit you could try 4 tabling.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Thanks ;)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      It's important to set a stop-loss, tho. If you drop below about $100 in your bankroll, consider going back to NL2 until you've built it back up. Or you can set your stop loss at $90.

There will probably be a period of adjustment while you get to know who the usual players at your new limit are and your HUD collects enough stats to be useful. Don't panic, just keep up good poker study habits, and things should turn around.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Did anybody say cash out the maney and rub it on your titties yet?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      I've always been told that the Poker gods don't like cashouts...

Please explain.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc

Please explain.
      1.lol, he is trolling.
      2.If you are not trolling too then read 1st
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Originally posted by Tomaloc

Please explain.
      1.lol, he is trolling.
      2.If you are not trolling too then read 1st
      Imagine the OP taking his advice seriously and getting some horrible contagious disease....

Not joking. I got a cold or flu from live poker chips and didn't even rub them on anything.