[NL2-NL10] JJ from UTG NL25

• nttflox
      Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
      9 players

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with J J
      Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls all-in $3.75, 2 folds, 2 folds, Button calls.

Final pot: $11.9

Should I fold this hand? Do I have the right odds to call against the monster hand he's holding?
  • 3 replies
    • frzl
      you can´t be sure that he has a monster so nh. 2 people called so it could also be a squeeze with a medium pocket or something
    • factorIR
      One simple solution to this question is to take a look at Stack size : Raise size ratio. In you case it is 4:1, so as stated in chart for JJ, this is just enough to go all in. If you have any reads you can deviate from this basic rule. For example if you know that player who 3-bet you is a SS player or that he is a real nit. But against unknown, with dead money in pot from 2 limpers, I call this.
    • xylere
      even against a monster range JJ+, AKs, AKo you have enough equity to call (36.5% equity - 35.7% needed). And as frzl mentioned, squeeze play is possible. If you only add TT to the range, equity increases to 43%. So it is a clear call, unless the guy is very tight.