[NL2-NL10] Nl5 rush, interesting hand, trips against triple barel

• acceleration123
      Known players:    

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero calls $0,10, SB calls $0,08, BB raises to $0,60, MP2 calls $0,50, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,50, SB calls $0,50.

I think I have very good implieds after his squeeze, so I call. Should be fine.

Flop: ($2,50) J:heart: , J:spade: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0,58, Hero calls $0,58, SB folds, BB calls $0,58.

I give up the protection because I don´t think that worse hands will call if I raise.

Turn: ($4,24) 3:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $1,28, Hero calls $1,28, BB calls $1,28.

And I call it down against such small bets. Against a bet like 2-3$ I´d probably fold here. I just don´t think he is often bluffing here, against two opponents and on the dry board.

River: ($8,08) A:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $1,24, Hero calls $1,24, BB folds.

Still I don´t see myself folding for such odds. However I don´t think I am ahead very often here.

Final Pot: $10,56

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Ah 5h)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jd 9d)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jd 9d)

I took a loooong note here :D
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      you´re never folding that spot trips and best is to think how to get maximum value on your hand
      If you want to slowplay on the flop then it is fine, but I think you should raise turn for protection and then call shove.
      he would bet/shove there worse hands

Also I´d shove river for value since he would b/c his Ax hands
    • veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Flop: Basically I'd just raise it right here vs such a small bet, it's more often somewhat a weak hand and a draw which tries to get cheaper the showdown. And according to his play he ain't that reasonable player.

As played
      Turn: Definitely raise it here for value and protection.

As played if turn was Called
      River: I'd just raise for value, don't think that he has here made hands that often, more often he would just shove with them or bet bigger.

Best regards.