[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush, A7s BU

• acceleration123
      Is this a good play ?

Known players:       

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 7:heart:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, 2 folds.

I was tempted to 3bet him here, but decided to flat and try to play him post-flop. Is it ok ?

Flop: ($0,47) T:heart: , 9:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,3, Hero calls $0,30.

I call here with my GS+overcard and my plan is to float him and take the poton the turn if possible.

Turn: ($1,07) 6:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,55, Hero calls $0,55.

He continues and I get the FD. I think calling is ok

River: ($2,17) 5:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2,17, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

I overbet and my play is to convince him about me bluffing and trying stealing the pot from him.

Should I´ve place some 1/2 pot valuebet instead ?

Final Pot: $2,17
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      I would prefer raising turn 1.5$, since he would very often has there air or even if he holds overpairs he would b/f that spot. if you bet pot it looks a lot like you made your draw and maximum value
      I like a lot more 1$ bet to rep smt: I have there tx and I don´t know if it is good, but since it is tp hand I´d bet for value
    • veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Flop: Basically if you Call such hands preflop then you have to play at some spots aggressively them. And such a flop is pretty good for a raise and he might even at some spots fold even overpairs here if he is reasonable player.

As played
      Turn: I'd rather prefer raising at least now while he even shows weakness with his bet size.

As played if turn was called
      River: Yes, I'd rather do a bit smaller bet like $1,30 or so. But of course this once again depends on the opponent, if I see him really being fishy then I might do it bigger, although I wouldn't exactly pot it. You are like never representing a bluff there, rather a made hand which hit.

Best regards.