This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush, A7s BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Is this a good play ?

Known players:       
      CO:
      $7,53
      Hero:
      $5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 7:heart:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, 2 folds.

I was tempted to 3bet him here, but decided to flat and try to play him post-flop. Is it ok ?

Flop: ($0,47) T:heart: , 9:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,3, Hero calls $0,30.

I call here with my GS+overcard and my plan is to float him and take the poton the turn if possible.

Turn: ($1,07) 6:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,55, Hero calls $0,55.

He continues and I get the FD. I think calling is ok

River: ($2,17) 5:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2,17, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

I overbet and my play is to convince him about me bluffing and trying stealing the pot from him.

Should I´ve place some 1/2 pot valuebet instead ?

Final Pot: $2,17
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer raising turn 1.5$, since he would very often has there air or even if he holds overpairs he would b/f that spot. if you bet pot it looks a lot like you made your draw and maximum value
      I like a lot more 1$ bet to rep smt: I have there tx and I don´t know if it is good, but since it is tp hand I´d bet for value
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Flop: Basically if you Call such hands preflop then you have to play at some spots aggressively them. And such a flop is pretty good for a raise and he might even at some spots fold even overpairs here if he is reasonable player.

As played
      Turn: I'd rather prefer raising at least now while he even shows weakness with his bet size.

As played if turn was called
      River: Yes, I'd rather do a bit smaller bet like $1,30 or so. But of course this once again depends on the opponent, if I see him really being fishy then I might do it bigger, although I wouldn't exactly pot it. You are like never representing a bluff there, rather a made hand which hit.

Best regards.