acceleration123
      Gold
      Known players:       
      MP1:
      $8,32
      Hero:
      $5,34

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,15, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,15, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,37) Q:heart: , Q:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,15, Hero calls $0,15.

I am not folding here .. pretty obvious why .. paired rainbow flop and I have 2 overs. he is not very likely to hit.

Turn: ($0,67) 3:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,2, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

I give up here, because I don´t think he is going to continue with anything I have beat and I don´t think I can bluff him. Likely just had the Qx ?

Final Pot: $0,67
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you float flop you have to raise that turn bet or at least call, since it seems so weak that he would b/f most of the times either he has there smt like TT or just random air
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      And why just not 3bet him preflop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: From MP3 I'd basically as well rather just 3bet it. We don't really want to turn the hand into multiway pot. There are way too many opponents behind us. Of course I am not saying like the Call here is very wrong but it will be problematic to play when we face few more opponents.

As played
      Postflop: While his CBet is that weak I'd just raise it here. Of course we can't really represent much but he can't represent much either with the small CBet. Raise flop is much better than Call flop & fold turn. And I don't think that he had the Qx with that kind of bet sizing, rather some weak hand, maybe even we were ahead. But to find that out raise the flop.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      About the preflop: I didn´t want to turn my hand into a bluff by going for 3bet/fold - I don´t want to go broke here either, but I don´t want to give up this hand too :f_frown:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      About the preflop: I didn´t want to turn my hand into a bluff by going for 3bet/fold - I don´t want to go broke here either, but I don´t want to give up this hand too :f_frown:
      You are not always turning your hand into bluff here. Of course while we don't really know the opponent it will be hard to understand either the raise is for value or not. But more often actually from my own plays with AKs I do like rather to 3bet vs UTG/MP while being on MP myself. It's pretty hard for us to continue with the hand while we just giving great odds for others to Call and either his raise wasn't that big to be really scared. I would rather consider people doing 4xBB with AA or KK or whatsoever hands rather than 3xBB.