This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush AK played out of position

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Known players:       
      Hero:
      $6,2
      UTG1:
      $4,44

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0,17, 6 folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB folds.

Usually, I´d fold here. The reason is that I split against reasonable UTG range and I don´t think I will get a lot of value from weaker hands if I hit (imagine QQ on A high board).

But this guy is not fullstacked so I considered him bad player. So I think his range also includes worse aces and I am ahead so I want to play against him even oop.

Flop: ($0,39) K:heart: , Q:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,35, UTG1 calls $0,35.

Turn: ($1,09) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,9, UTG1 raises to $3,92 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

I don´t think I am ahead. His line is very strong and I put him on top two, sets, flushes ...

Final Pot: $2,89
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d fold AQ, but AK is too strong to fold
      If you like to lead out then turn is b/f
      Don´t really see him shoving worse hands than yours
      But since board is so drawy I think trying to keep pot small and c/c all 3 streets seem a little better option
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      But since board is so drawy I think trying to keep pot small and c/c all 3 streets seem a little better option
      Well, because it´s so drawy don´t I have to protect ? :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Well, because it´s so drawy don´t I have to protect ? :f_biggrin:
      not really, since it is hard him to call you down with worse hands and if you´re going to b/f, then I don´t really like building big pot