$11.10
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $8.37
      BU:
      $17.98

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) J, 2, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($2.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.55, Hero raises to $9.43, CO calls $4.62.

I think I was tilting here, what is the best line when raised on the flop with overcards?

Villain: 21/7/.5/50/30 [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/#]
  • 5 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Platinum
      Hm, I´d probably 3bet it and go broke on the flop ... if you assume he is capable of going broke with TPTK, you are flipping against his range.

His AF and WTS speak for an assumption he is able to go broke with TP. Also would be useful to have some W$aS I guess ... if it would be somewhat low, I think you can easily assume you beat his range ...

But I may be wrong, this is rush and rush is more nity ... so not really sure
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think b/c flop is fine and then decide on the turn
      Since he pots it I´d prefer folding, since mostly he would pot for value not as for semibluff, so you should be behind against two pair or sets
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Since he pots it I´d prefer folding, since mostly he would pot for value not as for semibluff, so you should be behind against two pair or sets
      What two pair kinda hands do you mean ? Only like 78 could be reasonable ...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      What two pair kinda hands do you mean ? Only like 78 could be reasonable ...
      thought J7s, but I agree that there aren´t too many two pair hand combos in his range
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ILuvBeachVB,

One good tip, usually people who tend to min-raise for example on flop and then turn very aggressive on turn, by which I mean like betting pot those kind of players rather have the hand what they are representing unless you have some other reads. Which means that some weak raise usually indicates that they might trap you and if you saw their hand then definitely take a note on him with what he did such a min-raise. I'd Rather as well Check/Fold the turn than Check/Shove while I don't expect him to play this way with his draws.

And I'd rather as well Bet/Call the flop rather then go broke against such a passive player.

Best regards.